Aindreas Gallagher
Forum Replies Created
-
Aindreas Gallagher
May 8, 2012 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6just to add- I love that post show. its class.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 8, 2012 at 6:15 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6there you go. I was waiting for you richards, or, “empirical based enquiry”, as I like to call you.
I just figured someone should get the devils advocate CUDA scare-mongering out of the way. It sounds alright to me.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 8, 2012 at 4:40 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6thunderbolt won’t be in a position to hande GPU throughput until later, faster 100 Gbps specs are introduced in about three years time. I’m repeating that like a parrot mind you. 20Gbps doesn’t and won’t cut it for external GPU throughput.
Also my understanding is that this doesn’t relate to disk read write ala the promise raid. the stuff coming off a c300 or an af100 or a 7D isn’t exactly a data hog. the whole point is that there is no DI codec to send them to in premiere. I’m relying on premiere’s super powered open timeline to throw that stuff around natively, but if Premiere doesn’t have CUDA its dead in the water in those scenarios dealing with native camera codecs. that’s right isn’t it?
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 8, 2012 at 4:01 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6yes, exactly, that was what dennis was getting at. say I’ll have between 1-2 gigs on the system of the 6970M variety.
But it would be good to hear that it actually, reliably works and doesn’t flake out as unsupported, because functional access to the GPU appears to form the entire basis for premiere 6 as a usable editing system.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
you sure?
doesn’t it look pretty military grade here?
https://tv.adobe.com/watch/cs6-creative-cloud-feature-tour-for-video/whats-new-in-speedgrade-cs6/
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
good lord, but of course.
with adobe, a bloke voices an issue with speedgrade, then there is a bang noise, a puff of smoke, and the speedgrade engineer is standing beside them with a polite listening face on.
surreal.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
there! – see the honeybadger? look at look it! look! its just eating all that h264. red – my god its just eating it. eww. that is so disgusting. but the honey badger doesn’t care, see? the HoneyBadger just doesn’t care. the honey badger just eats it right up.
exact same style voiceover, and violins, only this time its over a single ominous zoom in on the premiere timeline. the casual viewer will have no idea what is going on. NONE.
that is a premium ad campaign right there. premium mental maybe. but premium.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
at least its not a square? – I kind of dig it liking colorista as I do – I think its a bit inspired by colorista. plus if dynamic link works like people say it does, I’m going to be walking next door to AE like its another room for most stuff.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
yeah, the CC with masks performance of X on bog standard iMac hardware is nothing short of stellar – I adore the masking setup, and it is ridiculously fluid and fast. Its one of the things that breaks my heart looking at X. some things they got so incredibly right – permanent CC attributes was one of them.
Its going to be interesting to see how people feel about premiere performance on existing near new mac hardware, outside of the few specified laptops. If its cruddy it’ll raise questions. Adobe did spend an awfully long time brewing all the realtime architecture on a PC… for a PC. Apple hardware has been completely ignored for nearly a half decade now – and that’s the entire FCP base.
be dead interesting to see how this plays out.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
I’m waiting on the email for the freebie 5.5 to 6 upgrade like chris and the others. Plus I don’t think this lot is going on my lappie. CS 6 I think will have to wait for the imac, and I won’t have that for a bit yet…. I will be engaging in some delayed gratification.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics