Aindreas Gallagher
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi there – just curious, what are the hardware configurations GPU stuff you’re running it on?
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 9, 2012 at 5:57 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6cheers
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 9, 2012 at 5:02 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6how limited do you find it as a straight cutter without the GPU hack? will that HD ProRes and C300 play together ok without it? (as in full res 1080p say?) the video demo for the hack indicates that dissolves are red bar without openCL – you get that too? not that… I wildly care there, I’m not much of a dissolves person to begin with. also I take it CC is a red bar without the GPU hack?
this is the thing really – if the hack is liable to turn psychotic, then an awful lot of us are left with a system that can’t do realtime dissolves even.
that is a teeeensey bit limited. I kind of expect to be able to three way colour correct without rendering – up to 1080p – these days. early doors mind you – the app is out three days like.I forgot to ask – what’s your system?
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 9, 2012 at 4:16 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6[Tero Ahlfors] “but when it crashed it crashed HARD.”
can you give the work scenario where it went down? – material on timeline, HD, 2K etc?
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 9, 2012 at 4:10 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 9, 2012 at 3:17 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6hey – unstable as in crashy?
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 9, 2012 at 3:13 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6nowww I know what I’m doing, hacked mac mini custom enclosure, bit of soldering…
challenge: accepted.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 8, 2012 at 11:02 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6too right.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 8, 2012 at 9:44 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6[Andrew Richards] “CUDA is not what he is enabling. “
wellll, quite right yes – but the point would be that this baby can actually be made play with the hardware on all our minds?
your cuda drool post makes it pretty clear that what’s going on over in windows completely slays the OSX environment, but as a rejoinder – that involves windows.
I still view that as a howling gale of things I don’t want to get involved in.My primary concern would be that this can lock into recent OSX GPUs to get me rolling with an open format timeline, with geometrics and colour correction.
Everything past that, I am going to be nipping around the Adobe ecosystem like a gambolling Lamb for – from AE, PS Speedgrade etc.
The one thing I need to know is that the timeline is ready to function within say, V1 to V4 for stacked shot alternates, with shot dissolves, with certain shots having geometrics and CC, and all this up to 1080p with the kinds of avchd stuff coming off the kinds of cards being popped out of all the cameras out there, on an iMac made in the last 12 months with over a gig of vram (and sure, please drop fidelity as needs be)… well then.
given the inherent power of the new timeline, avid equivalent trimming, FCP style timeline malleability, scrubbable bins, effects architecture etc – as long as I simply know that steady playback is ready to go, at up to 1080p resolution on 12-ish month old hardware – then…
I tell you, I am liable to do an Orson.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics -
Aindreas Gallagher
May 8, 2012 at 8:27 pm in reply to: Stupid questions regarding CUDA, OpenCL and Premiere 6nice!
also, that video is moron proof: god bless him.
Premiere baby, Premiere.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics