Forum Replies Created

Page 147 of 242
  • Aindreas Gallagher

    June 1, 2012 at 8:48 pm in reply to: Apple article on Optimizing Media

    [Richard Herd] ”
    Pretend to edit in Legend. It’s all buried in the cost structure. Such a beautiful fashion show, my empty macpros blinking lights and making subwoofer sounds. My workhorse i7 and Tbolt RAID, a nom de plume. It’ll take hours to sync that multicam footage and transfer it to APR422 Not only do I make the client coffee, I roast the beans too.
    “

    that’s quite the stuff. someone needs to stitch some of the more sweetly far blown stuff from here together into a coffee book, with random paragraph stitching put together like Zang tumb tumb. With a steel soldered X nailed to the cover.

    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/1/10/20090611204717!Marinetti-Motagne.jpg

    i”m very fond of the futurists meself.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • **sigh** try getting a license transferred by adobe – really, try it.

    I’ve got the upgrade to 5.5, and the freebie follow on to 6, please the gods, the seller manages to get the right stuff up eventually on the 5.0 sale, they’ve got my ID, his ID, i’ve got the invoice, he’s put up the license transfer thing… it feels like dealing with the vatican. I actually expect the next round of correspondence to be conducted in latin.

    I’ve got a bajillion, adobe vids bookmarked, so someday if god is good, I will actually get to download my baby.

    That aside a bunch of us got a senior online avid editor to spend a day with us going over avid workflow – its rather different – media management and whatnot, also where resolution and file settings and stuff are is raaaather different.

    the timeline is actually pretty cool tho. One thing I found rather neat was that swapping audio channels up and down the stack actually takes the channel content along? that was neato. magic menu makes it applicable to an FCP guy. Its mostly the settings and media management you need to be careful of.
    Also the effects architecture is a little insane.

    And AP thing really is not at all nebulous – its happening.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Joseph – “I can see how impressed clients are going to be when they walk into a suite that has 14 little bricks strung together with Thunderbolt cables, and dozens of necessary outboard peripherals. ”

    richard’s response –

    [Richard Herd] “I would put them in a properly controlled closet and access them wirelessly and I’d send a video output the client’s iPad.”

    his ipad.

    richard but of course, brilliant solution – so that’s a little open to question:

    at say, literally the day before yesterday, the client mac pro gave out with a pop – declared a red light through the grill.

    its a facility within an advertising body – with high teen’s seats.

    The macpro had staged failure visual light indicators. at the front, and separately, at the ram.

    It’s an engineer accessible machine richard. You get this right? You understand the context of a machine produced for these scenarios?

    as one clown to another, I am surprised that you do not grasp the basics of situation specific computing design: say blinking diagnosable critical components.

    The guy had a look, pulled out the motherboard, and the suite was going again, I *think* with a swap out of some description, inside the morning.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    May 30, 2012 at 11:53 am in reply to: A question of common approach.

    outstanding, simply.. outstanding.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    May 30, 2012 at 11:52 am in reply to: A question of common approach.

    well sure, probably am, are you an aubergine?

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • for absolute sure – and plus there’s some parts of X I really truly do like – mostly the CC attributes granted, but that’s a pretty big thing. Also, when its in the mood, it runs ludicrously well on an i7 iMac, I find you can just keep throwing vignette masks, defocus, CC at clips til the cows come home. And no one has to talk about CUDA.

    I also like the implementation of the effects drawer, like where it is, and how accessible it is, getting an instant preview of the effect is pretty damn cool too. That said – ultimately I’ll find much more effects punch in Premiere, because I’ve been at AE since 4.1 – so I’m likely to be cooking with gas there. and also the R&D at adobe completely slays Apple. Whatever is left in pro apps couldn’t push out the warp stabilizer if you gave them ten years I don’t think. they had ten years to do dynamic trimming and they never got it together. Adobe did it in 12 months.

    I still hate the – forced tagging, no you cannot have bins – thing, the single keyword collection viewable at a time, that utter joke of a timeline, the audio waveforms, they don’t even deserve to be called waveforms – maybe “vector simplified jagged crud at the bottom of the clip lozenge” would be more like it…
    And also the insane amount of chrome and unnecessary animation going on everywhere – that drives me mad. Apple have completely lost it when it comes to app GUIs – someone has eaten their brains there. wait until they stick in magic sparkly brush icons for dissolves…

    thats just a really long winded way of saying that there is stuff I really like in X – i just find it an unusable application, also I don’t see any signs of it being adopted anywhere, absolutely anywhere in London – no one has, not a single soul, I keep asking around. If I ever get around to buying a new computer, I see X as the thing I’ll use to pull the video off the 4S and mess around with. literally just that.

    Ultimately, all it is is a souped up iMovie – Its a shortform mess about app, in that context I actually find it a little expensive.

    but, you know – Premiere 6?

    YAY.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • me too, from a certain perspective, this has worked out a treat.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • ah you’re funny.

    see this?

    https://lifeonland.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/roast-dinner.jpg

    You don’t get to have it Bill, look at all that lovely food, you can smell it right? and here I am cruelly pulling the plate away.
    I have a strong policy on this.

    https://www.damndirtyrino.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/feed_trolls.gif

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • [Bill Davis] “I win. You lose.”

    serious to christ Bill, you have the emotional maturity of a toddler.

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

  • Aindreas Gallagher

    May 15, 2012 at 12:09 am in reply to: Editing scenario

    You’re not wrong there. I have about half an hour grace. I am working from home tomorrow though – thank the gods.

    Still – I can’t actually figure out another way to re-iterate the point so..

    https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
    http://www.ogallchoir.net
    promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Page 147 of 242

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy