Aindreas Gallagher
Forum Replies Created
-
[Chris Jacek] “Actually, we still get the upgrades for FCPX, and my students quite vehemently hate it.”
sorry I’ve got to do this: Craig Seeman below in other thread:
“That’s why I think it will be young people. Future video post entrepreneurs. It’ll happen by attrition.”
well yes quite indeed.
that said, there is an issue with adobe drifting us all to the cloud with first year discounts – things could turn olive oil brando sales in no time.
Adobe guys like Kevin and Dennis are on here no end – I would be very surprised if they touch this particular thread with a radioactive barge pole.did anyone catch this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78yigV0GYGQtake a moment to note how completely insincere the CEO is there – he is merrily deaf and on robo-pilot.
If adobe want to capture editing, along with photography, print design and mograph- you would think they would not put the screws to the educators engaged in training an endless stream of future PPro/suite customers.
Teaching editing is teaching editing? its not teaching the entire disparate adobe suite?
Again: adobe are really likely to tiptoe completely past this discussion. the guys who come in here likely have no say in what is pretty rabid short term dollar hungry policy from the top.
poor show, and highly dumb – strategically and PR wise, as C.C baxter would say.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
[Craig Seeman] “anyone using Adobe can have FCPX sitting around to play with (and I don’t doubt that’s about were it sits for many).”
thats absolutely true – I do. I will never stop going on about the effects performance and the built in masking/relighting tools for post production.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
[Craig Seeman] “So FCPX is the future.”
[Craig Seeman] “[Trevor Asquerthian] “Big places are not going to go Apple in a hurry any time soon.”
I’d agree. That’s why I think it will be young people. Future video post entrepreneurs. It’ll happen by attrition.
”please – I’m being serious here – come on.
you can call narwhales and unicorns until the cows come home.As currently conceived: FCPX boasts no future entrepreneurs, and exactly no paid market job traction.
it’s an increasingly easy hit this.
where exactly are your entrepreneurs?FCPX itself is basically mis-cued software, and worse again, facilities – post FCP7 debacle – now completely lack any key mid-term vendor trust in apple.
That is a critical problem craig. Apple have not adressed the madness of the FCP studio kill.
the scale of that was jaw dropping. the simple fact that apple could torch all that in broad daylight with no warning – that everything went – FCP server: that was handling a metric ton of commercial stuff across london, seriously – some of the suite kill was surreal. there was no way Apple were not aware that there were serious systems involved.FCPX has incredibly difficult issues on multiple levels. It is beyond a joke.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
I know I pound the drum – but I really am hearing it rather a bit lately – the freelance agencies are starting to drop FCP7/Premiere 6 as a list combo a few times?
you would have to think there’s a fair few people dropping hooks in the water for PPro adoption the last couple of months. It’s careful monkey jungle business this – everyone’s looking to see what the other is doing – but there’s definitely a developing taste for offering PPro.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
some people I swear… 😉
sheriously though – adobe boffins directed towards the NLE pretty full bore, with media content delivery spoils at issue – is a *pretty fab* idea.
plus – they’re not a willy wonka apple secrets factory, haven’t been for years.
we all know they’re working on stitching IV breaks for instance. It looks to be coming along pretty good too.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
for god’s sake please don’t muddy the message – I’m using WS to push broad scale PPro adoption.
Did you not get the memo?? Last week’s FCPX black flag meeting at white sands? Billl Davies was there.
Wait what did I say. Bill Davies is a stalwart proponent of FCPX. there.. are no triple agents.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
there is a brilliant IV out there (somewhere) maybe PVC?? where they 20 minute interview the guys about the R+D that went into Warp Stabiliser.
Its flat out stunning. The kind of calculation fallback scenarios they built in from the full blown planar analysis it is doing on parallax is just mind bending.
the coptor shots I got for a BTS car thing – its crazy what it could do with the info coming in – ditto dodgy dollys on a heavy camera for sony product shots.
IMHO – in software, Adobe have real, absolute, swiss watchmaker moments.
I’ve said this before – but if the market provides them shareholder revenue focus on non-linear editing – which is happening, we could end up with some incredibly serious stuff.
Adobe have boffins people. Basic R+D boffins coming out of their behinds.the implications of adobe anywhere are being investigated and absorbed by some pretty serious bods in London right now. I’m not even fully sure I get it on the ground as to how it actually plays out, but there is no way that adobe are not attempting to implement broad scale use. The impact for even small to mid range facilities is meant to be substantial.
Adobe appropriating resources to bear down directly on the NLE, with market reward, is a really, really, really good idea.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
went to go see Ken Livingstone talk at the LSE instead!
the man is a classic – was there much PPro did you see?
– heard Trish Meyer was doing some stuff? (more AE combo hard core likely – tad sorry I missed it in retrospect…)
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
I think it allows a space for rapid in context iteration and analysis? It just feels like a concentrated space to consider the moment? Like ring a bell pause to noodle with the edit moment in motion?
that said – as jeremy points out – you can get some of the way there in X – not all the way really, but some.
As someone who was wilfully ignorant from 7 days, I just found the methodology and space allowed by dynamic trimming, as implemented in PPro, a *bit* of an eyeopener. I’m very used to physical pause adjustments and playback – and I’m OK at it too – there is, as you say, bull plop to any claim that the editor’s eye is fundamentally altered by the provision of dynamic trimming – but it does feel like a very nice gear assembly on a more expensive bike: its the kind of thing you can live without, but I think its likely a bit of a pain to not have it once you have developed edit habits including its use.
in short: me likee.
Also – seriously – has anyone really tried the warp stabiliser here, because that thing is crazy good. I mean outright surreal good.
The shots it has saved for me….
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
baiting, defensive, passive aggressive comment from X proponent – or to put it another way – par for the course.
you should try it out Steve, you’re messing around in PPro too – set up a dummy timeline and muckabout – its very interesting and good.
Dynamic trimming is a thing.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics