Aindreas Gallagher
Forum Replies Created
-
[Jeremy Garchow] “I know you say Apple is destroying the art, I would beg to differ.”
just think of me as an extremely over the top devils advocate. there are a lot of things I like about X, (sans the ludicrous auto connect timeline),
but its a grunt climb to get on board, and when you do – there are no jobs posted for it. And no houses are running it in production.that is an existential problem.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
the footage organisation possibilities presented by X’s tagging pool are inarguably rather seriously sexy. I had OCD thrill moments reading through there.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
Aindreas Gallagher
March 6, 2013 at 10:25 pm in reply to: Which Software Will Prepare a Student for College and Industry?with respect Dennis – that is total boilerplate.
A guy trying to run an editing department is right to be irked when the company providing the editing software turns up with a random dump truck of apps across web, print, image editing, Flash, and some weird web odds and ends and demands that he now start paying for all that stuff on a suscription basis – with a consequent massive markup in ongoing costs for ****education*** Dennis – these people rarely tend to be rolling in money, and the last thing they need is a forced olive oil salesman moment from adobe.
Saying that creative cloud represents best value is mad – it definitely doesn’t represent anything like that to Chris.
What are his students going to do – start coding dreamweaver websites when they finish analysing Thelma Schoonmaker?
It’s a poor show from Adobe – Chris has been very clear and precise about the degree to which the rug has been pulled out from under him.
They’re educators for God’s sake – its not exactly a madly profitable venture Dennis, but they actually are the ones training your future “have forty apps for just 39.999 a month” customers…
Sorry – but my sister is in education – it is a hard, almost quite thankless, penny search behind the sofa pursuit, is education.
They are supposed to have at least some kind of societal dispensation from others in society – including companies such as the one you work for.best,
Aindreas
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
well that was an entertaining watch eh?.
any thread where nomme de plume Bieberkopf drops a nugget is, I think we can all agree, a good thread.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
[Bill Davis] “Delete at will from my perspective. Particular anything I post.”
ditto.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
nice.
nearly a zang tumb tumb concrete poetry moment there.
https://testpressing.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/01marinetti-zang-tumb-tumb.jpg
got to love the futurists.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
ah god love you steven.
no pain mate.
say this piece right: PWC for the NHS. Click the “all years” link whatnot for the 10 min. piece with oodles of archive.
https://www.pwc.co.uk/government-public-sector/healthcare/nhs75/index.jhtml?linktransform=no
All the green screen noise control is AE custom, final grade MB.
type animation routines – AE with custom java script, main editor FCP7. seven days to completion with ITNSource buyout.as an editor – some of the responses wooden – hopefully hidden with the various type and image animations.
My point being that there is no conception that I or anyone who comes after me, in the minimal AE FCP skills blend currently underway
(that will become AE/PPro), would touch FCPX with a ten foot barge pole simply because it lacks any benefit Steve.there is no logistical reason to go there. Its a nutty editing system with absolutely no friends.
next time I pull this kind of thing in that timeframe – I rather hope I get to have PPro.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
hey hey – that is the first edit system I ever played with when I was still mograph. there is an issue that we are in a sea here – hence I have not gotten off my behind.
I’m inclined to belly float with FCP classic until the last possible moment.Ask any 3D guy if they are Lightworks… and 3DSMax… and Maya… and Cinema 4D.
That is a ludicrous proposition. I was a 3DSMax guy in the day.
I understand 3DSMax particle systems, their deform stack, their camera system, their keyframe system.
We cannot ersatz, and en masse, learn all editing incarnations here.
that is just way too crazy. And to be fair Steve – even by your sound of it – BVE was not dripping with FCPX.I personally think it broadly plops for PPro – it seems to make the most sense to me given their focus, and the indicators are getting pretty damn strong.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
that’s a bit mad – it feels as looney as wikipedia once did? you sort of can’t believe that could keep standing up straight.
Lightworks was the first in action edit system I ever saw, in ’98. college had avid. my old station had three, in wired in porta-cabins out the back, in the connemara bog.
god be with the days of doors attics and sharks.
I’d love to see the likes of this re-order affairs – as long as no one ever asks me to learn another editing software system, because then I might actually go postal.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
[Oliver Peters] “node-based compositing”
?????? – I go to google.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics