Aindreas Gallagher
Forum Replies Created
-
ok quite. I’m inclined to think that it is a pretty substantive layer to editing process. It feels very nice.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
with the greatest respect – not going for an FCP debate classic here –
I broadly take the point, and that the point should be aggressively argued, that editing is gone a long way from being in a guild enclosed white tower.
All cool. Also I would like to edit in a purpose converted barn – very much.
But you seem hell bent on conflating technological advances with some really over argued – I can do it on a lappie in a crowded coffee shop with sony headphones – style mission statement.
I get you like to propose positions, I do too, but the idea that any bustling space is preferable to a quiet, preferably sound dampened room, that allows focus to build, is just taking the mickey. Its fun to argue it, but, while we’re not concert pianists, editing benefits greatly from a quiet environment, with speakers that are broadly trustworthy when you are stabbing control + and – on the DB. basically editing tends to be solitary on the whole quite a bit of the time. we all know this.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
Aindreas Gallagher
February 23, 2013 at 11:39 pm in reply to: Musings on FCPX’s most powerful feature.Jeremy mate – you know as well as I do that I have spoken pretty carefully in favour of everything bar the core timeline at this point.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
Aindreas Gallagher
February 22, 2013 at 12:02 am in reply to: Musings on FCPX’s most powerful feature.[Bill Davis] “Timeline editing is sill important if your goal is to do complex or refining work on your videos. That’s why there IS a timeline in X – to finish your projects.”
No – I’m deadly serious – this is hilarious.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
Aindreas Gallagher
February 21, 2013 at 10:46 pm in reply to: Musings on FCPX’s most powerful feature.[Bill Davis] “[Neil Goodman] “but the timeline still needs tons and tons of work, and imo thats the most important feature.”
If your orientation remains that editing begins and ends in the timeline, I’d fully agree.
The whole point about X is that it’s built to challenge that historical view.”
I’m sorry, but that is – laugh out loud funny – Kool aid.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
oh sweet sure – I’m there so.
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
Aindreas Gallagher
February 21, 2013 at 10:09 pm in reply to: Musings on FCPX’s most powerful feature.very nicely it does.
and sure then stay – check out the veal – the curves, warp stabiliser, true keyframing, dynamic trim, AE integration, magic bullet that can actually render, crisp beautifully arranged minimal, customisable interface, open timeline, feel your jaw dropping at that notion of tracks, use the tilde key to focus hover explode any UI section to fullscreen (if you haven’t tried that, you haven’t lived)
then check out the suite! prelude – hey thats really nice! media encoder – hey! I get render complete reports and any issues, and its fully hyper thread enabled, rock solid, blazingly fast. Audition – man thats nice!
And hey – all those design assets, AE assets, they’re just flying in and out. And you know, we’re talking AE and PS – Gods own standard, right in there.
Maybe they’re no motion, but I think they have a shot.
I’m…
so conflicted in the end – the barmy magnetic one off app silo, that gets no job postings, from the company that just blithely killed the entire FCP studio,Or these crazy newcomers Adobe, working their ass off, in direct constant feedback and collaboration with professional industry from single shops to say associated press and – in some cases – large scale employee, london post production facilities, – with a particular focus on adobe anywhere for distributed asset workflow –
but so anyway, these Adobe dudes, they’re apparently talking pretty constantly to all these guys on the direction and feature set of PPro. Blogs everywhere, they actually appear on forums and stuff – all kinds of things like that.
It is…
just so hard to figure the right choice here.
real, real Quandry.https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
Aindreas Gallagher
February 21, 2013 at 9:57 pm in reply to: Musings on FCPX’s most powerful feature.[Bill Davis] “But things are better now.
The people who don’t like X now are increasingly that smaller group for whom it’s unique attributes just aren’t relevant – which is fair, in my estimation”
In the estimation of your dreams Bill Davis.
FCPX is rightly trashed for a number of good reasons. And scale relative to editing industry, you guys are in a pokey shack in the woods, by a dim fireplace, waving your hands and saying – “the magnetism is amaaazing – when are they bringing out the ipad edition??”
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
mac pros? surely we will soon be editing on our iWatches by rubbing them on our iPads?
It only makes sense.Sorry couldn’t make it to BVE – have been all hours house chained with gig.
Any good stuff?https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
-
oh Johnathan Ive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqCTq3EeDcY
https://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics
Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.