Aharon Rabinowitz
Forum Replies Created
-
I want to let Alan chime in here, but deleting your backup emitter files will not effect anything. In fact, if you frequently make changes to your libraries, you may want to regularly go though and delete these things, as they start to pile up.
So if you erase them you should be fine.
Elvis posted some info on this a while back thaty may be helpful:
https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=23&postid=845751
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Aharon Rabinowitz
March 13, 2006 at 11:15 pm in reply to: New Training DVD The Apprentice Magician’s Guide to particleIllusion- now availableAs a tester for this DVD I watched the lessons 6 times. I actually learned a whole bunch of new things in the process – and I’ve been using pIllusion for years (since version 1).
Way to go Elvis!
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Aharon Rabinowitz
March 13, 2006 at 5:48 pm in reply to: making video into a cartoon – coming soon….Normaly I’d agree with you, but in this case, they aren’t targeting financial professionals. They’re targeting Joe Average. The same people that had the word D’oh added to websters dictionary.
Aside from a companyI sometimes do voiceovers for, I can’t think of a single other group that does the same thing as schwab- becasue it’s not what I (or mostr other people) think about regularly. So if they can use wierd animation to get my attention, then it’s only good…
On a side note – I once saw a news report about how untrue an election ad was. How it was full of slander and complete falsehoods. They showed the ad, and then explained why it was a lie. Then they went to commercial… And that ad played for real. now THAT had the exact opposite effect it was intended to have.
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Or CC Light zoom.
Check out my tutorial which shows this effect in action:
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Aharon Rabinowitz
March 12, 2006 at 12:39 am in reply to: COW Tutorials: After Effects Creating an Outline around an ActorAnd I love to choke mattes… Does that make me sound violent?
Thanks for the comments Justin.
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Aharon Rabinowitz
March 12, 2006 at 12:38 am in reply to: making video into a cartoon – coming soon….Whatever your opinion (a lot of which I agree with), you should know that it’s not a ripped off look. the look is from the same studio that did waking life and the upcoming A Scanner Darkly. There is only one studio in the world that can currently do this – Flat Black Films – since the own the proprietary software that created the look.
It’s my understanding that they wanted a unique look, and since only one studio in the world can do it, there would be nothing else like it on TV at the time- and in that, they’re right.
Check em out:
https://www.flatblackfilms.com/
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Aharon Rabinowitz
March 10, 2006 at 9:50 pm in reply to: making video into a cartoon – coming soon….Yup – but it got schwab major attention by doing something completely different from their normal thing, so in that way it worked.
In advertising, that’s pretty much everything that matters…
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Aharon Rabinowitz
March 10, 2006 at 9:23 pm in reply to: making video into a cartoon – coming soon….Ah… but there are a bunch of tutorials available for keying, and virtually none for video to cartoon…
I’m not sure what i can do to make keying easier. Although i have one trick for making garbage mattes fast. There are other people here who do keying on a regular basis (Alas, I don’t) who would be better suited for this (such as Barend Onneweer or Andrew Kramer) than I. But I’ll put it in the queue and let it stew…
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
Aharon Rabinowitz
March 10, 2006 at 7:14 pm in reply to: making video into a cartoon – coming soon….If you watch carefully, you;ll see that the cartoon is moving at 12 FPS. The camera is moving at 30 – which now that you mention it, is an error. For the one that looks sketched it’s actually playing at 10 FPS. I showed a variety of styles and frame rates there so people could see.
But I happen to agree with you – low frame rates are better – as my tutorial will reflect.
The frames are not being changed in real time. They were batched several times in illustrator. No manual work- except on the first frame, the rest are automatic – with all the pluses and minuses that come with it.
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com -
what I’ve done in the past is create my ticker text using a blocky text, and then created a layer above that with the grid effect. Set up the grid right, and it makes the text moving behind it look like a bunch of LED letters.
Make sense?
You can use the grid layer as an alpha matte, so that the areas not shown in the text are fully transparent.
—————————————-
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
—————————————-
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com