Forum Replies Created

Page 123 of 494
  • Adam Trachtenberg

    September 17, 2013 at 7:10 pm in reply to: panorama cubic projection

    Yeah, I think I understand what you’re saying. To make it work you have to put the texture in the luminance channel and turn off specular highlights. Here’s the scene with a texture and animated camera: 6521_cubicenvironment.zip

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    September 17, 2013 at 4:32 pm in reply to: panorama cubic projection

    If it’s a standard cross-type projection then you should be able to drop it on the cube in the attached file and be good to go.

    File: 6520_crosstypeprojectioncube.c4d.zip

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    September 17, 2013 at 3:27 pm in reply to: How to model this?

    Pictures aren’t showing up.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    September 16, 2013 at 7:48 pm in reply to: Printhead XPResso Setup

    Not sure I understand your file as the cubeside1 morph just builds up the text from the bottom up, and cubeside2 doesn’t do anything. Anyway, maybe you can do something with this, which borrows from the file I posted earlier: 6514_3dprintlogoamt.c4d.zip

    If you’re going for a timelapse 3D printer look, I think I’d just animate the printhead and then set start/end keyframes for the cubeside1 morph. In reality the layers that a 3D printer puts down are so thin you can’t really see them being built individually.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    September 14, 2013 at 1:06 am in reply to: casting shadows withoug “objects”

    Yes, you could use a plane with alpha-mapped trees.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    September 13, 2013 at 11:49 pm in reply to: Printhead XPResso Setup

    Ah, sorry — I didn’t notice that you had attached a file! I’ll check it out when I have a chance.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    September 13, 2013 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Printhead XPResso Setup

    There’s probably a better way to do this, but my example is simple and it works. You just have to move the null back into Y position when you rewind the animation. And don’t leave the slider at either extreme or else the print head will just keep moving up in Y.

    Scene: 6509_printheadamt.c4d.zip

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    September 13, 2013 at 3:05 am in reply to: Cinema 4D getting a grid of white dots on renders

    Hmm, I can’t think what’s causing it off hand. Are you rendering to 16 or 32 bit files? If not I would try rendering to at least 16 bits.

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    September 12, 2013 at 8:24 pm in reply to: Cinema 4D getting a grid of white dots on renders

    Looks like stars. You’re not using the physical sky object, are you?

  • Adam Trachtenberg

    September 12, 2013 at 7:50 pm in reply to: Morphing a globe

    There’s no direct way to morph a texture in a material, but there are several approaches to approximate what you’re after:

    1. Layer Shader fade or cross fade:
    Create a layer shader in color and/or displacement channel and then right-click on the word Layers in the shader properties. Select the User Interface>Show Sub-channels option.

    At the bottom of the properties you’ll now see a new set of sliders which can be keyframed or addressed by Xpresso to create a fade or cross-fade between textures. In my sample file I’ve created a simple Xpresso setup with user data on the parametric sphere.

    2. pose morph tag to morph displacement:
    Not difficult, but some more steps involved. First, you’ll need a high resolution sphere because you’re going to use the displace deformer to create the displacement. You’ll need three copies of the sphere because you’re going to use the “current state to object” command to bake the displacement into the mesh.

    So create your two displacement materials and place on one sphere and the other on another sphere. Now add a displacement deformer to each sphere and set the mode to emulation. That tells the deformer to use the material displacement channel. Adjust the displacement height and then run current state to object on each one. Delete the original objects that have the deformers, and remove the materials from the new objects.

    Now, on your undeformed sphere, add a character>pose morph tag. Then drag your displaced spheres into the Poses box. You should be prompted to select Yes for absolute or no for relative. I used absolute, but I think either would work.

    Check the “Animate” radio button and now you can animate your displacement morph. Unfortunately this doesn’t work for color, but you could combine the two methods.

    Examples: 6503_texturemorphing.c4d.zip

Page 123 of 494

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy