Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects Wanted to buy CS3

  • Wanted to buy CS3

  • Scott Thomas

    October 20, 2008 at 5:16 pm

    Ah the fun of waiting for the bureaucratic gears of business to turn. I have four Mac G5 systems that are running AE 7 and 6.5. Knowing that CS4 would not run on G5, I wanted to order CS3 now and have the free upgrade to CS4 in case we were able to replace a G5 with a MacPro.

    We’ve waited to long, and now it’s apparently impossible to order CS3.

    Called Adobe and they do not offer a “downgrade”. That’s around $1200 in upgrades that Adobe is declining.

  • Kevin Camp

    October 20, 2008 at 6:45 pm

    you might try third party retailers… my guess is if they have cs3 on their shelves, they’ll sell it to you, although my quick search didn’t find a mac version (b&h photo did have a windows version of cs3 though)…

    Kevin Camp
    Senior Designer

  • mark

    October 20, 2008 at 6:52 pm

    Try these guys…. Ask for Gary, if he can, I am sure he will hook you up. If this is against forum policy, please remove my post….



    Mark Harvey
    Senior Editor
    Le Réseau des sports

  • Scott Thomas

    October 20, 2008 at 7:57 pm

    We may have to go the route of Adobe’s volume licensing. Apparently you can get downgrades through that. Would be nice if they could have told me that last week, 4 phone calls ago! That’s a lot more helpful than “No, we can’t / don’t / won’t do that.”

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

Log in to reply.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy