- September 16, 2009 at 3:02 pm
I am reasonably new to mograph and I seem to be falling short on the ol’ nogin stuff.
I have a wall of cylinders (50 x 40) and I want to randomly colour the cylinders with 2 colours of my choice but I can’t seem to fathom out how to do it.
Any ideas? (Daft question really cos i’m sure you all know how to do it!)
- September 16, 2009 at 4:02 pm
The easiest way to do it would be:
1. Select the cloner and then create a random effector (it’s automatically applied to the cloner);
2. In the effector’s parameters tab, select color mode>on, and check the “use alpha/strength” box;
3. Create a new material and place the mograph>multi-shader in the color channel;
4. In the multishader properties, click the arrow to the right of Shader 1 and select the standard color shader from the menu;
5. Set the color you want in the color shader properties;
6. Repeat for Shader 2;
7. Drop the material on your cloner. Use the interactive render region to preview the effect (it won’t display properly in OGL);
8. Go to the random effector>effector tab and click through the seeds until you get a distribution you like.
- September 16, 2009 at 6:05 pm
Amazing, you will make my nogin a bigger place! Cheers again!
- October 28, 2015 at 8:17 pm
To piggy back on this post… Is there a way to only affect some of the clones with the color and not all of the clones. Is there a way to then have the colors randomly undulate or pulse between random clones within the cloner?
Log in to reply.