Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Creative Community Conversations FCS 3 is back on sale through Apple – via telesales only

• FCS 3 is back on sale through Apple – via telesales only

• Jamie Franklin

September 2, 2011 at 4:54 am

ahaha

What a scam. So, the worst “upgrade” ever delivered is 299, but you can buy a full featured EOL program for 999….

And a totally delicious admission to failure…

RIP FCP…but stick around for the funeral…

• Craig Seeman

September 2, 2011 at 5:21 am

[Jamie Franklin] “And a totally delicious admission to failure…”

What an odd view of “failure.” An EOL product being sold at full price and they’re being snapped up. HP wishes they had that kind of “failure” with their discontinued tablet.

In many cases these may be facilities who’d rather add more EOL’d FCS seats than switch their entire facility to Avid/Adobe at this point. Looks like these facilities may be in the waiting game for FCPX before they make a rash and expensive decision.

• Gary Huff

September 2, 2011 at 5:26 am

[Craig Seeman]What an odd view of “failure.” An EOL product being sold at full price and they’re being snapped up. HP wishes they had that kind of “failure” with their discontinued tablet.

If people had built their business around an HP Touchpad, they probably would be.

• Ray Wang

September 2, 2011 at 5:36 am

Wonder if this has to do with Steve Jobs in the backseat?

Tim the benevolent ruler?

Ray

• Jamie Franklin

September 2, 2011 at 5:53 am

[Craig Seeman] “What an odd view of “failure.” An EOL product being sold at full price and they’re being snapped up. HP wishes they had that kind of “failure” with their discontinued tablet.”

And what an obfuscation. Which is completely typical of you…

Aren’t you the one who defended Apple “this is common to EOL/pull off the shelves the previous version when a new product is released”

So tell us, how common is it to re-stock it? How common is it to see such *justifiable* backlash to a disastrous product…

Pfft. This is the statement. We effed up, here you go…

Boy you sure get your panties twisted easy when people raz Apple to ANY degree….

And the *reason* it will get snapped up is people built their lives around this product…HP “touchpad”, not so much…good grief, was that even serious?

The facilities aren’t in the “waiting game”…it’s a dud product, pull your head out of the sand for once

• Jamie Franklin

September 2, 2011 at 6:02 am

[Gary Huff] ” If people had built their business around an HP Touchpad, they probably would be.”

And I would have bought one had they not EOL’d it…

Which is probably why it’s too little too late for Apple…

• Craig Seeman

September 2, 2011 at 6:10 am

[Jamie Franklin] “Aren’t you the one who defended Apple “this is common to EOL/pull off the shelves the previous version when a new product is released””

The opposite. I said it’s very unlike Apple to EOL something and pull it off the shelf immediately. The transition from OS9 to OSX was long. Shake was available for some time at a very low price. What Apple is doing now is what they should have done… keep FCS3 available while FCPX grows up.

[Jamie Franklin] “And the *reason* it will get snapped up is people built their lives around this product…”

And many facilities would rather buy an EOL product at full price than jump ship at a higher price. The only thing that will change a year from now is the possibility that FCPX will meet their needs.

Apple’s fixing a mistake. Avid back peddled too after announcing they were leaving the Mac market. Apple is buying themselves more time.

[Jamie Franklin] “Boy you sure get your panties twisted easy when people raz Apple to ANY degree….”

Exemplifies the level of thinking you approach this at.

I’m thinking in terms of analyzing Apple’s business motives, much of which I’ve already posted.

• Jamie Franklin

September 2, 2011 at 6:24 am

[Craig Seeman] “Exemplifies the level of thinking you approach this at.”

No, whenever I respond to someone else, as in, not you, as you are extremely predictable and somewhat tired, you always chime in criticizing my posts razing Apple…

That is the level of thinking you bring…you do nothing else but post here…and jump at every opportunity to criticize when someone says a meanie thing against your lords with the added bonus of water carrying for them too…kudos!

Edit to add: I could talk about the silly mag timeline, the 2nd viewer, the dorky position key, the snapping playhead…(crickets)…as soon as I throw a jab at Apple…here comes Craig trying to analogy me to death…

If you can’t let it go that the Apple team behind this deserves jock itch for the rest of their lives and let us raz them in peace…seek help. This was an epic failure. Because if you know FCP, you know this should have been a smokin’ release instead of whatever it is today you think it measures up to…

• Craig Seeman

September 2, 2011 at 6:45 am

There are many, the vast majority, who are critical to Apple. Think about what differentiates them.

I tend to rip appart people who can’t substantiate their statements with facts, history, even deep subjective analysis. Their are many critics hear. Some a very though provoking . . . and a few aren’t.

As someone who consults, my job is to lay out reasoned analysis for my clients. Nearly every reader and most (but obviously not all) participants are looking to glean information and to examine alternative analysis to make purchase decisions.

[Jamie Franklin] “you always chime in criticizing my posts razing Apple…”

I hope most here are looking for something deeper than a “razing.” I think a few people have thousands dollars riding on their next decision. I’d give all the reader and participants a bit more respect and value than “raze.”

• Jamie Franklin

September 2, 2011 at 6:52 am

[Craig Seeman] ” I hope most here are looking for something deeper than a “razing.” I think a few people have thousands dollars riding on their next decision. I’d give all the reader and participants a bit more respect and value than “raze.””

How noble…

..AND some of us are here to vent at this disaster. Get over it. Time to let it go. You don’t have to challenge every jab. There is nothing “deep” about it, it’s not like there’s some hidden meaning or hidden magical kingdom underneath its chrome. They effed up. FCP is done.

Viewing 11 - 20 of 59 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy