- October 10, 2007 at 4:09 pm
I am getting following error when trying to burn Blu-ray disk with Encore CS3:
Blu-ray Error: “Fatal Error”, Code: “6”, Note:”
I have just tried to build ultrasimple Blu-ray disc with just one timeline and short video encoded to both MPEG2 or H264 by Premiere Pro CS3 (Blu-ray preset was used). Without any menu or other feature. It does not matter if I try to burn to disc or write as an image. Same error. So this is not a burner issue. It appears after “importing session …ac3…” (it is hard to spot) procedure during “Building progress”, when “Initializing” appears. There is no problem when checking project.
- October 11, 2007 at 3:58 pm
What’s the version of Encore in the About box?
- October 23, 2007 at 2:38 pm
I am receiving the same error, adobe was no help. I was curious if you were able to fix. I am getting no where. It is frustrating.
- October 25, 2007 at 9:58 pm
Download and install msxml 6.0
It should fix the error
- January 3, 2008 at 11:59 pm
Thank you very much Coremicro, that seems to fix it, it is building now and have passed the point where I got the error code.
- March 1, 2008 at 3:14 pm
I am getting the same error code in Encore 3.0.2 (MAC) After a terribly long transcode and build, the error pops up. What a tremendous waste of time trying to get this Blu-Ray to build into an iso.
The solution that coremicro offered does not apply to me since we are using Mac.
Any suggestions? Thanks
- March 23, 2008 at 8:29 pm
I am having the same error and I cannot find help anywhere. Are you using Leopard? I have the update for Encore to version 3.0.2 – which is supposed to make it fully compatible, but that did not help either. I was also having this issue on the PC – and the microsoft patch listed above did resolve the issue, but now that its a mac we are talking about, I cannot find anything.
“There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality” – despair inc.
- March 24, 2008 at 3:28 pm
Haven’t seen code 6 in a while, not since updating to 3.0.2 I think. But the huge ISO problem hasn’t gone away.
I can’t keep up with my threads, not sure if I’ve mentioned it here or not but I have been trying for nearly 2 months to build a Blu-Ray disc or iso with combinations of the following:
1 1/2 hour HD element (transcoded inside of and outside of Encore)
3 (three) SD elements transcoded outside of Encore to h.264 blu-ray spec
same elements transcoded inside Encore to that spec
same elements transcoded outside of Encore to native SD resolution (placed on separate tracks in Encore)
Adobe techs are looking into it. The only preliminary idea that has been determined is that something in the header info of one of the videos is telling Encore to inject the element into the iso several times. Prior to build, disc info will claim a 16GB iso will be made. Then it spits out 44GB.
- August 19, 2008 at 1:36 am
I got the “code 6” error, downloaded the fix in the link, and it solved the problem. I am working on a “PC” in Parallels, using Toast to burn a BDMV folder.
On a side note, as of today, 8/17/08, Adobe still hasn’t fixed a bug in Encore that makes button “selected” states invisible. Meaning, you can’t see what button is selected- no highlight. There is currently no workaround. This bug only applies if you are using 16:9 footage on a Blu-ray project on a Mac. This is what forced me to have to use Encore for PC.
I’ve found both versions to be highly unstable, but I am finally able to deliver a fully working BD, menu and all.
- November 18, 2008 at 5:46 pm
Just in case someone else runs into this. I have an MPEG2 encoded track for Blu-ray. Using Encore CS3 v3.02. No menu’s, nothing fancy. I tried to write an ISO image and I get the Fatal Error, code 6 everytime. I tried these fixes here and elsewhere to no avail.
What finally worked was changing the disc name and the filename/location. I changed the name of the disc from “Smith-Jones Wedding Unedited HD Footage” to “disc” and the filename from “unedited_footage.iso” to “disc.iso” set to build to the root c:\ and I was able to build a Blu-ray ISO image.
I don’t know which change solved my problem, but it worked. This software is really flaky. Reminds me of the encoding error you get if you use an “&” in the filename in Adobe Media Encoder…
Log in to reply.