Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums AJA Video Systems Audio issues with CS6 Kona 3

• Audio issues with CS6 Kona 3

Matt Dean updated 7 years, 1 month ago 15 Members · 31 Posts
  • Greg Jones

June 1, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I just installed the Aja drivers and I notice there is a lot of audio dropout. Anyone else experience this. I have a Mac Pro 2,1 with a Kona 3

Greg Jones
    D7,Inc.

• Graham Hutchins

June 1, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Yep, me too. I’ve emailed Aja support. I’ll post when I have more info.

-Graham

OSX 10.7.4, Windows 7
    Adobe CS6
    FC Studio 3
    Octo 2.26GB MacPro, 32 GB RAM

• Matthew Sonnenfeld

June 3, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Also getting this with my IoXT. Will be calling tech support tomorrow.

Panasonic HPX170, Canon 7D
    2011 Macbook Pro 17″, 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 8GB RAM
    AJA IoXT
    Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, Final Cut Pro Studio 3, Avid Media Composer 3.5.4
    The College of William and Mary

• Jim Watt

June 3, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Me too. I installed the drivers yesterday and spent about an hour working with the program and everything worked great. Today everything has gone south. Broken audio, static and a number of Kernal panics when I change audio hardware in preferences. Switching from default in and out to Kona 3 card for voice over.

I have no idea what’s going on. One moment everything is playing back fine, the next either no audio, static in audio or dropped audio intermittently.

thx…jw
    Mac Pro 12 core/Kona 3 card
    OS 10.7.4
    CS6.0.1

Producer/DP, HD series, “Discoveries…America”, “Discoveries…Ireland”, “Discoveries…Spain”,
    “Discoveries…Argentina”, Discoveries…India”, “Discoveries…Asia”, “Discoveries…Africa”

• Greg Jones

June 4, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I think I’ve narrowed down the issue. When I’m in Premiere Pro CS6 and I open up a 720p 59.94 ProRes Clip in the Source Monitor it plays perfectly. When I drag it to my sequence, it starts to act wonky. The sequence I created was a Pro Res sequence and I drag the clip down to it and it asks if I want the sequence to conform to the clip. I click yes. This is the wonky sequence.

I created a second sequence and clicked no to the conform to clip and now my stuff plays perfectly. Not sure what’s going on , but I may have a temporary solution.

Greg Jones
    D7,Inc.

Greg Jones
    Orlando,Fl.
    https://www.d7-inc.com

• Jim Watt

June 4, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Spoke with AJA this morning and the solution for the intermittent sound is to toggle between “default output” and “system default input/output”.

Worked for me.

They had no suggestions on what was causing the Kernal Panic I was getting while trying to change audio hardware preference and also while in the Mac audio preference going from line input and output to Kona card.

thx…jw

• Greg Jones

June 4, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I noticed something else a little weird. If I set up a sequence that is 720p 59.94 and playback prores footage that is 720p 59.94, I get jumpy playback and audio issues. If I create a new sequence that is 720p 29.97 and playback the footage that is 720p 59.94 everything works great and no issues. It does this with or without the Kona3 turned on.

Greg Jones
    D7,Inc.
    Orlando,Fl.

Greg Jones
    Orlando,Fl.
    https://www.d7-inc.com

• Jim Watt

June 4, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Did the toggle trick work for cleaning up audio. I’ve noticed that I need to do it more than once over the period of several hours editing.

Haven’t run into your other issue, but right now I’m only editing a mixed bag of 30p and 29.97i onto a 1080/29.97i timeline. All seems to be working as it should.

jw

Producer/DP, HD series, “Discoveries…America”, “Discoveries…Ireland”, “Discoveries…Spain”,
    “Discoveries…Argentina”, Discoveries…India”, “Discoveries…Asia”, “Discoveries…Africa”

• Greg Jones

June 4, 2012 at 9:40 pm

It seems to have helped some. I’m still getting much better playback on a 29.97 timeline than a 59.94 timeline.

Greg

• Robert Brown

June 5, 2012 at 4:58 am

I’m having issues as well on my 12 core 10.7.4 Kona 3. Seemed to be good the last couple of days but all of the sudden it’s really crappy. Either audio doesn’t play at all, or is distorted or normal. Stopping and starting PB will rotate between the 3. Definitely seemed to get worse with just an aiff in the timeline with no video. Was doing ok with timelines with A&V.

Robert Brown
    Editor/VFX/Colorist – FCP, Smoke, Quantel Pablo, After Effects, 3DS MAX, Premiere Pro

https://vimeo.com/user3987510/videos

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy