Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects Anaglyph 3D Effect with only 1 Adjustment Layer?

• Anaglyph 3D Effect with only 1 Adjustment Layer?

• Royce Jennings

January 22, 2022 at 12:52 pm

Hey guys, I was pondering my orb wondering if there was a way to create a single preset for one adjustment layer to create an anaglyph 3D (red/blue glasses) effect. I know I could create 2 presets to each change the color channels with one having a transform offset, but this was more a mere curiosity for the sake of knowing the program better.

Any ideas?

• Michael Szalapski

January 24, 2022 at 4:03 pm

Are you just asking for chromatic aberration kind of effect or genuine 3d glasses?
    AE has a built-in 3d Glasses effect, but it’s dependent on you having two sources to drive it (either footage from two cameras or two precomps with offset cameras).

• Royce Jennings

January 25, 2022 at 1:09 pm

Hey there, just looking for an effect, not actual 3d. So one source with basically 2 position-shifted, color-tinted versions. I was thinking maybe something with echo, but then didn’t know how you could color different echos differently. idk, it was more of a mental puzzle exercise than anything, there may not be a way

• Filip Vandueren

January 28, 2022 at 9:04 am

This seems to work:

• Royce Jennings

February 22, 2022 at 12:32 pm

Interesting.. I don’t get the same result (cc 2022)
    There’s no fx on the images right?

• Filip Vandueren

February 22, 2022 at 12:57 pm

I think this is because you have an alpha channel and I had a black solid BG.

• Royce Jennings

February 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm

Ah, quite right! Adding the solid bg did the trick, good looking out ;D

I don’t understand quite why this works but you solved the puzzle! But now I’m curious why are we able to see the original position and not only the offset position?

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy