– Add Text
– Enable “per character 3D”
– Add an animator for Anchorpoint, and adjust it so the Letters hang below the anchorpoint.
– deselect this animator and add a new animator for rotation.
– set the X-rotation to the start-position (-180° or +120°, whatever you like)
– add an expression-Selector (you can remove the default range selector)
– Twirl open AMount and change the expression to this:
– Now add keyframes to the amount: [0,0,0] and [100,0,0] about 100 frames apart.
In the expression you can tweak the parameters swings and timeOffset, I think everything makes sense (swings does not have to be an integer, it will always end straight down)
You can change ‘based on’ to words or excluding spaces etc. Multiple lines works too, They’ll each rotate around their own baseline, or around the topmost if you change “More Options -> Anchor Point Groupin” to “All”
You’ll need an extra animator if you want to fade in the letters once at the beginning.