Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Creative Community Conversations › 10.2.3 Update is here

  • Charlie Austin

    February 6, 2016 at 12:35 am

    [Oliver Peters] “[Charlie Austin] “and “FCP X In The Car” is the next frontier!”

    Well…. If you’re going to be shooting your epic with the back-up camera, you’ve got to have the suitable NLE!

    – Oliver”

    Exactly! Clearly Apple is skating to where the puck will be once again. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Oliver Peters

    February 6, 2016 at 12:52 am

    [Charlie Austin] “Clearly Apple is skating to where the puck will be once again. :-)”

    Only if that car is slipping and sliding to north 🙂

    – Oliver

    Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
    Orlando, FL
    http://www.oliverpeters.com

  • Bill Davis

    February 6, 2016 at 3:09 am

    [Oliver Peters] “Only if that car is slipping and sliding to north 🙂
    “

    My Swiftcam gimbal did that. Until I read the manual and learned how to use it.

    Who’d a thunk THAT would help!

    ; )

    Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com – video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

  • Bill Davis

    February 6, 2016 at 3:18 am

    Absolutely! When money is on the line – any software that forgets its manners and trespasses on your focus and tranquility is (in the moment) being a bad neighbor!

    Did I mention that using X is like living next door to a friendly nobel prize-winning supermodel that bakes and shares cookies? (Feeling like I’ve let the group down on wild pro-X hyperbole lately – and just trying to meet everyone’s expectations!)

    Carry on.

    Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com – video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

  • Andrew Kimery

    February 6, 2016 at 4:40 am

    [Bill Davis] “Did I mention that using X is like living next door to a friendly nobel prize-winning supermodel that bakes and shares cookies?”

    I’m glad you mentioned both baking and sharing because baking alone just wouldn’t cut it.

  • Steve Connor

    February 6, 2016 at 8:26 am

    [Bill Davis] “I love added features. But right now – with lots of work in the queue – and LOTs of pulls on my time, dependability beats added features.
    “

    OK it’s dependable now, perhaps they should just stop developing it then Bill? Because if reliability is as it should be then adding features is that’s left to do!

  • Steve Connor

    February 6, 2016 at 8:30 am

    [Bill Davis] “Shooting out if state starting in 3 days and too busy to play much – so I’ll let Charlie Austin say it for me… https://fcpxpert.net/2016/02/05/fcp-x-update-reaction-have-some-cheese-with...”

    I’d like Apple to CONTINUE the innovation they started when they released FCPX, I want them to go further down the path of redefining what an NLE is, I don’t want them to add “old” features back in, I want new exciting features and if that’s whining then so be it.

  • Charlie Austin

    February 6, 2016 at 9:22 am

    [Steve Connor] “I don’t want them to add “old” features back in, I want new exciting features and if that’s whining then so be it.”

    That’s not whining. 🙂

    ————————————————————-

    ~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
    ~”It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools.”~
    ~”The function you just attempted is not yet implemented”~

  • Robin S. kurz

    February 6, 2016 at 4:20 pm

    I see nothing unusual, let alone doom-and-gloomy about the update (yes, especially because of the SAN improvements alone) or the cycle. To date the updates have always been between 3-4 months apart, as well as every 3rd or 4th update being of a larger scale.

    And although I’m one of those many that never even used the mixer (beyond maybe the master bus or for training purposes) when he had one in FCP 7 or elsewhere, if the mixer proposed in the infamous patent comes to fruition as described… wow. THAT I would definitely want (and use) sooner than later! And if for no other reason than to shut certain people up on the subject.

    – RK

    ____________________________________________________
    Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!

  • Andy Field

    February 6, 2016 at 6:55 pm

    Bill..you mean like Apple did with FCP X after everyone was happy working in the earlier version?

    Andy Field
    FieldVision Productions
    N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Page 3 of 13

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy