The Conjuring 3 Cinematography with Michael Burgess
With terrifying and haunted scenes, jump scares, exorcisms, and more, THE CONJURING: THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT does an excellent job standing up against the previous films. Cinematographer Michael Burgess shares his cinematic and lighting approach for the top horrific scenes in the film.
Michael and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss his camera and lens package, why he avoids operating cameras now, the opening exorcism scene breakdown, cinematography tricks, and more!
What you will learn:
- Scary cinematography in THE CONJURING movies (01:08)
- Shooting on the Alexa SXT camera and Primo lenses (05:15)
- Why Michael no longer operates cameras (10:03)
- Having Don Burgess ASC as a dad and role model (13:13)
- Why THE CONJURING 3 was not shot anamorphic (15:17)
- Lighting for horror movies (17:03)
- Filming David’s scary waterbed scene (20:58)
- Breaking down the opening exorcism scene (26:55)
- Controlling all lights on set from an iPad (32:38)
- How the day to night transition in woods was shot (34:34)
- Representing the 1980s through sets and costumes (38:14)
- Will there be more CONJURING movies? (40:22)
- And more!
- Website – https://gocreativeshow.com/the-conjuring-3-cinematography-with-michael-burgess/
- iTunes – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/go-creative-show/id539359582
- Subscribe – http://gocreativeshow.com/subscribe/
- Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/gocreativeshow
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/gocreativeshow/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/gocreativeshow/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/gocreativeshowpodcast/