Hi Jason,
Thanks for the description. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, setting up in front of a window is not a good idea because outside sounds penetrate normal window glass pretty easily. Even if you have super windows, having large hard reflective surfaces (window panes) to bounce your voice back at you is a bad idea.
You need a balance of absorptive and diffusive surfaces to absorb. breakup the soundwaves. Here’s my room. It’s 25 x 35. Notice I have placed foam at some spots along the walls. I have covered some of the ceiling tiles with foam. I have wall to wall plus a carpet and objects like the CD tower across the room are placed to help breakup the bouncing sound. To the left you can see a corner of the entire wall of LPs on shelves. They make a great diffuser that covers the entire end wall. To the right you can see my gray muslin backdrop against which I shoot video. It also damps sound pretty nicely.

UNless you are prepared to do the whole space, get some fabric-covered office cubicle dividers and drop a few panels from the ceiling to stop ceiling bounce.
Regards,
Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford’s Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford’s Blog