Forum Replies Created
-
Did you check the Audio Output checkbox in the Output Module Settings dialog box?
from “Output module settings”:
“Before rendering, check the Audio Output settings in the Output Module Settings dialog box to ensure that they are correct. To render audio, Audio Output must be selected.”———————————————————————————————————
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the ‘T’ back in ‘RTFM’ : After Effects Help on the Web
———————————————————————————————————
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share—or if there is something that you’d like to see added or improved—please leave a comment. -
A general tip:
Don’t create a “tutorial” that is nothing but a poorly researched string of actions. I see far too many such tutorials, in which the approach being shown is far from the best or most efficient way to accomplish something. Make sure that there is an advantage to the way that you’re demonstrating, and state what that advantage is.
Also, I most appreciate the tutorials that seek to demonstrate and explain one or two broadly applicable concepts or techniques, rather than a string of techniques to achieve one narrow end. That way, a peson watching or reading your tutorial actually learns how to use and understand the software, as opposed to only being able to follow step-by-step recipes with no understanding.
(As you can imagine, I have some deep peeves here.)
———————————————————————————————————
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the ‘T’ back in ‘RTFM’ : After Effects Help on the Web
———————————————————————————————————
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share—or if there is something that you’d like to see added or improved—please leave a comment. -
Todd Kopriva
November 28, 2009 at 12:22 am in reply to: Please welcome Marcus Geduld to the Expressions forum teamHooray! I liked your book, Marcus, and I’ve gotten a lot out of your presentations at the Post|Production World conference at NAB. I’m sure that we’ll all get a lot out of your participation here, too.
———————————————————————————————————
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the ‘T’ back in ‘RTFM’ : After Effects Help on the Web
———————————————————————————————————
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share—or if there is something that you’d like to see added or improved—please leave a comment. -
> …but often I need help to find the most direct solution so I ask questions on the forums here…
That’s why we have forums.
Thanks for the explanation. It’s useful for me to know where to apply my efforts at making things easier to find and use.
———————————————————————————————————
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the ‘T’ back in ‘RTFM’ : After Effects Help on the Web
———————————————————————————————————
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share—or if there is something that you’d like to see added or improved—please leave a comment. -
> How do you limit the amount of cores AE can use?
In After Effects CS4, there’s a CPUs To Leave For Other Applications preference. See Memory & Multiprocessing preferences.
For After Effects CS3, see the comments from Lloyd and me on this page.
Richie, if you’re having trouble finding information on these Help pages, I’d be curious to know how you’re searching. It’s my job to make sure that people can find the information that they need about After Effects, and I’d really like to know why the materials that we provide aren’t working for you. If I search for one of the words in your subject line, ‘multiprocessing’, I get results that include the pages that I just linked to to answer your question.
———————————————————————————————————
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the ‘T’ back in ‘RTFM’ : After Effects Help on the Web
———————————————————————————————————
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share—or if there is something that you’d like to see added or improved—please leave a comment. -
Here are a couple of pages that expand on Bob’s good advice:
“Adjust a camera view or working 3D view”
———————————————————————————————————
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the ‘T’ back in ‘RTFM’ : After Effects Help on the Web
———————————————————————————————————
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share—or if there is something that you’d like to see added or improved—please leave a comment. -
from “Composition settings”:
“Jeff Almasol provides a script on his redefinery website to set the frame rate and duration of the current composition and all compositions nested within it.”
I found this with this After Effects Community Help search.
———————————————————————————————————
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the ‘T’ back in ‘RTFM’ : After Effects Help on the Web
———————————————————————————————————
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share—or if there is something that you’d like to see added or improved—please leave a comment. -
Perhaps the stroke width is set to a high value. Try decreasing it.
———————————————————————————————————
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the ‘T’ back in ‘RTFM’ : After Effects Help on the Web
———————————————————————————————————
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share—or if there is something that you’d like to see added or improved—please leave a comment. -
Todd Kopriva
November 25, 2009 at 4:17 pm in reply to: Paralax effect/matching background movement to foregroundWhat you’re referring to is a simple version of what is often referred to as ‘camera mapping’ or ‘camera projection’. See this page for a link to a free chapter from Mark Christiansen’s book that describes how to do this sort of work.
———————————————————————————————————
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the ‘T’ back in ‘RTFM’ : After Effects Help on the Web
———————————————————————————————————
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share—or if there is something that you’d like to see added or improved—please leave a comment. -
I use After Effects on Mac OS every day. I use After Effects on Windows every day. They both work well.
Personally (and it’s important that you understand that this is not an official statement from Adobe), I like having Macintosh hardware and running Windows and Mac OS on it using Bootcamp. So, for that reason, I’d get a Mac. But I also understand why people go the other way for the lesser cost and greater customizability of non-Mac hardware. Advantages either way.
As others have said, PLEASE don’t let this forum get into a platform war.
———————————————————————————————————
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the ‘T’ back in ‘RTFM’ : After Effects Help on the Web
———————————————————————————————————
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share—or if there is something that you’d like to see added or improved—please leave a comment.