Forum Replies Created

Page 266 of 350
  • Tim Kolb

    March 11, 2007 at 6:09 am in reply to: Buying New Camera – Can I use Pro with any HDs?

    Do they still make Digital8 camcorders? They aren’t expensive and they use Hi8 tapes but basically record DV…and they can play analog Hi8 tapes back out through FireWire…

    Otherwise, Canopus (and others) makes some small adapter boxes that can take analog and convert it to FireWire….it gets rid of the problem of an internal board. I carry one around in my laptop bag so I can adapt to whatever on the road…

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    March 11, 2007 at 1:50 am in reply to: Adding audio file to already compressed video

    Yeah…HD changes everything. There are cheaper solutions that will give you a drive system that may theoretically perform well enough for uncompressed HD, but only if it operates at the quoted peak performance of the manufacturer, which never happens…and few of these drives are tested with anything other than a token amount of data. they slow down considerably when they’re full. Also I invested in a system with some failsafe capability (Raid 5 at this point), which makes quite a difference when people are paying you to get projects done.

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    March 11, 2007 at 1:45 am in reply to: Exporting Title

    I’ve not done it for some time, but I checked and this still works…

    Put your title on an upper video track…2 or higher with NOTHING on video track 1. Position the CTL and export>Frame> choose TIF or Targa as you need the alpha channel, and select millions+ colors.

    This will create a still document with an alpha channel.

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    March 11, 2007 at 1:32 am in reply to: Buying New Camera – Can I use Pro with any HDs?

    …and upgrade to a more recent version of PPro for anything having to do with HD (I’m making the assumption that “the original one” means you are on v1)

    V2 edits HDV natively if you have the computer horsepower.

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    March 10, 2007 at 9:41 am in reply to: Had to share…

    [marisu fronc] “it took them 8 tries (on 8 separate occasions with 8 different couches)”

    LOL!!!! ….oh, my sides hurt.

    I am reminded of the line from “Dumb and Dumber”…

    “I fell off the jetway again.”

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    March 9, 2007 at 6:58 pm in reply to: Adding audio file to already compressed video

    [Mario Pende] “None? :-(“

    Yeah well, what can we say? There is a reason why the files are so nice and small…there is a lot of information that has been thrown out. To keep working in that compression type will simply continue the trend.

    There is a reason why many of us have a small fortune invested in these edit systems…I just purchased a drive array that cost more than the last car I bought…

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    March 8, 2007 at 9:15 pm in reply to: Do I HAVE to capture uncompressed with a XENA LHe?

    [uncompressed] “8 bit 1080 uncompressed is 120mb/sec to be clear.”

    Actually “mb” stands for microbits…”Mb” is megabits…”MB” is megabytes.

    I suspect you mean MB-Megabytes.

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    March 8, 2007 at 5:22 am in reply to: Moving onto HD …?

    Unless it’s an HD Decklink card, it won’t see any HD footage.

    What are your project settings?

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    March 8, 2007 at 5:21 am in reply to: Adding audio file to already compressed video

    Harm,

    The RTFM responses aren’t useful. Cease responding if that’s all you’ve got.

    On this issue, this question is not a dumb one…a Sorenson file will need to go onto the timeline with the Premiere Pro project setup set to accomodate the file natively…in other words you’d have to set up a custom project setting (this part IS in the manual), but I don’t believe you’ll get it to edit Sorenson without recompressing. Certainly the mp3 will have to embed in the file, which involves recompression.

    It would be best to lay the new audio into the original project and re export to the same Sorenson settings, otherwise editing the Sorenson and mp3 files directly will almost certainly require recompression of some sort.

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    March 7, 2007 at 7:29 pm in reply to: Do I HAVE to capture uncompressed with a XENA LHe?

    You would need to have CineForm Prospect HD to have compressed HD editing capability as far as I know…

    I’m not sure if you could theoretically just capture into another codec or not with Premiere Pro/Xena LHe. You would have to “customize” some project settings to do it and I haven’t tried it myself…

    TimK,
    Director,
    Kolb Productions,

    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

Page 266 of 350

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy