Forum Replies Created

Page 172 of 350
  • Tim Kolb

    August 2, 2009 at 4:45 pm in reply to: issues

    what else is on the machine?

    Panda Antivirus is an example of an app which will not let PPro run…

    I run PPro on Win XP and Vista so Windows 7 isn’t the only OS that runs it, that much is certain.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    August 2, 2009 at 4:43 pm in reply to: CS4 and Quicktime

    [Chuck Bolland] “While I’m sure I’m overlooking something here, Quicktime or not, I’m getting tired of CS4 turning some well lit and focused video into something less than that.”

    If QuickTime Pro is doing an independent conversion and having a problem when the original file looks fine….how is that CS4’s problem?

    What are the video settings before and after transcode?

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    July 31, 2009 at 10:09 pm in reply to: chroma key

    They added the capability to change lenses and took away the rear-most eyepiece from the EX-1 and put an eyepiece over the LCD panel…

    Some of the controls are configured a bit differently as well, but yes…they’re the same core imaging system.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    July 31, 2009 at 10:03 pm in reply to: Example of EX1 HD-SDI output versus SxS cards

    [Ramy Elkays] ”
    Portable recording devices like the nanoFlash do record with some form of compression. The best for this device is called “Master Quality” and allows I-Frame Only : 160 Mbps 4:2:2 I-Frame Full-Raster; 1.24 GB/Min. Otherwise, it’s mainly Long GOP recording. So, there’s no such a thing called “uncompressed HD”…”

    I suspect the highest quality image quality on that device would be long-GOP 4:2:2 100 Mbps. 160 Mbps I-frame actually loses some efficiency due to being completely I-frame. Long-GOP is not a cause for quality loss in itself…in comparable circumstances most codec guys will tell you that combining temporal compression with spatial compression can increase efficiency by more than 2x.

    As far as uncompressed HD…sure there is. Uncompressed HD is just what it sounds like. Uncompressed high definition footage…it isn’t even that rare. It huge and occupies a fairly massive data rate and is used in high end applications all the time. Acquiring uncompressed digital HD was only possible when Philips VooDoo D6 equipment was around…and even then, it wasn’t really ‘portable.’

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    July 31, 2009 at 1:21 pm in reply to: Tutorials for PPro?

    The Premiere publishing market got pretty crowded after PPro v1. I wrote a book for version 1 and then there were ten authors writing for v2 and I decided to bow out. If anything there’s been a surplus of material out there for PPro.

    You could check out Class On Demand for training as well. I have training for the CS4 suite as well as PPro. There have been multiple reviews around the web, and I think Digital Juice is running a special right now.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    July 31, 2009 at 1:09 pm in reply to: CS4 and Quicktime

    Give us a little more info.

    QuickTime version?

    Matrox product?

    Have you tried to export with non Matrox project settings?

    If you need to get something done right this moment, I’d export the video as some sort of high quality AVI file and buy QuickTime Pro for 29.95 USD and convert that way.

    I’ve done QT export from CS4…I’ve not tried every possible output, but I’ve had no issue so far…

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • The Matrox card accelerates the effects that come with the Matrox card inside PPro and gives you video in/out ports…

    The other two cards are of course, Open GL cards.

    The GTX series are gamer cards and the Quadro series are the pro cards. The Quadro cards are configured more for pro use…DisplayPort for utilizing 10 bit color and newer Open GL versions are standard on Quadro cards…not to mention that many plugins (Magic Bullet comes to mind) are real-time preview on my Quadro cards…

    Open GL is most significant for After Effects Previews and for Photoshop as of CS4. PPro has a few effects that utilize Open GL. While using those effects illustrate how powerful Open GL is…Ppro benefits most from a beefy display card in just making the UI very responsive.

    The only difference between the 4800 and the CX was the inclusion of the encoder, as you pointed out.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    July 26, 2009 at 11:50 pm in reply to: Problem making a DVD.

    In the media encoder in the audio tab, you should have the option to switch the audio to multiplexed.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    July 26, 2009 at 11:48 pm in reply to: CS4/EX1 playback horror

    Hmmm…

    I edit EXcam all day on laptops…your system should have the juice to do it. I’d suspect if you opened an Adobe EX project (no Matrox), it would work fine.

    You could try to interpret the file as an accepted framerate (switch the 30p to 25p) in the project if the content isn’t sensitive to a speed change.

    Dunno why Matrox accepts the formats they accept. I suppose trying to crank out everything in real time demands you draw the line somewhere…

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

  • Tim Kolb

    July 26, 2009 at 11:43 pm in reply to: overlay video on cs3

    [Alan Lloyd] “I said import the layers independently. PPro will “flatten” a .psd file otherwise.”

    You can also import the PSD as a sequence. You don’t need to use the sequence if you don’t want to, but it does get all the layers in in one step and keeps them separate.

    TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

Page 172 of 350

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy