Forum Replies Created

Page 491 of 594
  • Steve Roberts

    October 15, 2005 at 3:09 pm in reply to: rendering out huge file maya/AFX

    For Windows users on the web, don’t use AVI. It’s dead, except for uncompressed situations. Render as WMV. Actually, AE 6.5 Win renders nice WMVs.

    For QT on the web, buy Sorenson Squeeze or whatever gets you Sorenson Pro. It’s way better than the Sorenson that comes with AE. And if a user has QT, he can view any Sorenson movie.

    I don’t know what you want to do with the TGA frames. They are for intermediate usage, between apps, not for final delivery. Too big. And they’re a sequence, not a movie, so they can only be played by editing/motion graphics apps.

    Steve

  • Thanks for bringing it up anyway. Each new issue is one for the memory bank. 🙂

    Glad you made it work,
    Steve

  • AHA!

    I’m on AE 6.5 Windows, QT 6.5.2.
    … but when I open it on the Mac, AE 6.5, QT 6.5.2, I see no alpha!

    So it’s a mac/windows thing. Bummer.

    All I can say is that your client should render the movie to Quicktime, Animation codec. Or TGA sequence, 32-bit with alpha. Forget PNG for now.

    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    October 14, 2005 at 8:50 pm in reply to: Vector Paths…GRRR!!!!

    Just trying to beat John to the punch … 😉

    After you create the text in AI, you need to select type>create outlines, if I’m not mistaken. This will convert the text from editable text to graphics. You should save a copy of the AI file before you do that, because afterward you won’t be able to edit the text as text.

    Search the AI help for “outlines” for more info.

    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    October 14, 2005 at 8:09 pm in reply to: cannot allocate a buffer

    Sounds like you’re using Motion Tile to make an image that’s too big for AE to handle.

    You might have to reduce the Motion Tile output width/height settings so the layer is not so big, then dupe that layer and move the dupes into position so they come together to make a big layer.

    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    October 14, 2005 at 7:28 pm in reply to: New MG/Design Sites?

    https://www.justincone.com/tween

    Check the list on the right.

    Steve

  • Hmph. I’ve never seen that before. I’m unaware of any pref that could affect this, and a check of the prefs confirms it.

    Could it be … your Quicktime is old? I have 6.5, so there’s no need to upgrade to 7.

    Steve

  • Hang on. The mov file on your website had an alpha channel — that’s what I imported.

    What are you importing that has no alpha channel?
    Where did this tiff come from? If it was rendered from the mov, was it properly rendered with an alpha channel at 32-bit?

    Steve

  • Steve Roberts

    October 14, 2005 at 6:54 pm in reply to: XP PRO versus Windows XP Media Center

    Maybe it’s like a marketing thing and it actually uses Pro as a base OS.

    (like I know what I’m talking about)
    Steve

  • [bodaboda] “I imported it both Straight and Premulitplied and it still does not work.”

    If it didn’t have an alpha channel, those two options wouldn’t have been available to you. So it does have an alpha channel.

    I just imported it with straight alpha, and yes, it has transparency. In other words, it’s fine.

    Maybe you dropped it into a comp and you saw it surrounded by a colour. Have you pressed the checkerboard button at the bottom of the comp window to hide the BG colour? It’s not necessary, but it could ease your mind.

    Steve

Page 491 of 594

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy