Forum Replies Created

Page 108 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    September 10, 2015 at 7:48 pm in reply to: AVID – Why Not?

    [Neil Goodman] “Also way more stable than the other two options out there”

    Not sure that’s fair, every system is different, but for me FCPX has been solid as a rock for quite a while.

  • [Ryan Holmes] “Specific to CC2015, I’d say that the Lumetri color panel is absolutely spectacular. “

    I’d agree 100% it’s the thing that’s tempting me away from FCPX more and more

  • [Herb Sevush] “The scaling on Ppro is incredibly good compared to what I was used to with FCP7. Adding a judicious amount of the Sharpening Filter allows me to routinely blow up HD images to 125%, whereas with Legacy I would try never to go above 110%.”

    The scaling in FCPX is equally as good, if not slightly better than PPro

    [Herb Sevush] “The built in masking with tracking in the motion tab of each clip is very useful.
    “

    Agreed I use this a lot

    [Herb Sevush] “Not a unique feature, but I do appreciate how customizable the UI is”

    It’s another thing I wish FCPX was better at, I love the fact you can expand the timeline to full screen with a single keystroke

  • Steve Connor

    September 9, 2015 at 7:12 pm in reply to: iPad Pro?

    When I saw that Keyboard cover and Microsoft presenting, I thought I was watching the Surface 4 launch.

  • Steve Connor

    September 9, 2015 at 4:57 pm in reply to: I wish FCPX adopted these Premiere Pro features

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • Steve Connor

    September 9, 2015 at 1:33 pm in reply to: iPad Pro?

    We should have some answers in the next few hours!

  • Steve Connor

    September 9, 2015 at 11:02 am in reply to: I wish FCPX adopted these Premiere Pro features

    [Jeff Markgraf] “This is the result of 2+ years of “mad development?” I guess if I were an AE artist who edits, I might be impressed.”

    As someone who has been Editing for 25 years and has used Premiere on and off since before it was “Pro” I am actually VERY impressed.

    [Jeff Markgraf] “My experience so far with PPro has been buggy and sluggish.”

    I’m not saying you haven’t had problems but mine has been exactly the opposite.

    Bear in mind I’ve been a heavy FCPX user since day 1 so I can claim some objectivity.

    We are VERY lucky to have the choice of good NLE’s out there at the moment.

  • Steve Connor

    September 8, 2015 at 7:08 pm in reply to: The “little things” in X.

    PPro does this as well

  • Steve Connor

    September 5, 2015 at 7:41 pm in reply to: I wish FCPX adopted these Premiere Pro features

    [Bill Davis] “I’m not sure it’s fair to do a “responsiveness” assessment outside the context of the hardware involved. “

    Yes it is as most people aren’t using “the newest machines”

    [Bill Davis] “You want silky smoothe UI performance? The latest off the shelf hardware is waiting that can absolutely give you that. “

    I believe Oliver is talking about performance on the newest machines as well

    [Bill Davis] “So the question you are really testing is “what software runs smoother on my older hardware?”
    “

    No we’re not.

    [Bill Davis] “Which is fair, but a question that only really matters while you HAVE older hardware – and vanishes when you no longer do.”

    I believe it doesn’t vanish when you do, I’m sure it improves but there is still a difference and as you are so fond of pointing out Bill we are people who actually USE both

  • Steve Connor

    September 5, 2015 at 6:03 pm in reply to: I wish FCPX adopted these Premiere Pro features

    So it’s not just me, the UI responsiveness in PPro is much better for you as well?

Page 108 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy