Forum Replies Created

Page 105 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    October 13, 2015 at 6:40 pm in reply to: PPRO CC 2014 Annoying Playhead Behaviour

    Adobe aren’t officially supporting El Capitan yet so beware!

  • Steve Connor

    October 13, 2015 at 2:43 pm in reply to: FCP X Design Influences

    [Tony West] “Steve, when X first came out, Apple really got taken to task for that single viewer (I had to get used to it myself) “

    I liked it straight away, it pairs well with the skimmer. Single Viewer in PPro feels slightly less effective.

    Didn’t Speed Razor also have a single viewer or am I imagining it?

  • Steve Connor

    October 13, 2015 at 9:54 am in reply to: FCP X Design Influences

    [Bill Davis] “So you HAVE heard some guitar stud opine that he could have PLAYED it better on a different brand? Essentially arguing that it’s the flavor of guitar that makles the real difference rather than the talent and training of the player? Strong opinions about gear, sure. But I’ve never heard or read about somebody arguing that a great lick could have been “better” if only Les Paul or Rodrigo y Gabrialla had used a different brand. If they have the talent seems to me people let them play what they like. But maybe you folks know better and secretly watchers are wishing that Clapton had done that swirling genius solo inside the jam dreck that was “Do what you like” on some other box. Seems unlikely to me, but whatever.
    “

    I don’t understand the point you are trying to make with all this, are you saying people think you can do better edits with other NLE’s?

  • Steve Connor

    October 13, 2015 at 6:22 am in reply to: FCP X Design Influences

    [Andrew Kimery] “A while back I started getting into multi-day hikes”

    Do you use tracks? 🙂

  • Steve Connor

    October 13, 2015 at 6:21 am in reply to: FCP X Design Influences

    [Tony West] “X with that single viewer setup seems better suited for a small screen than a 2up that would make the canvas even smaller on a laptop.”

    You’re right, FYI Premiere Pro can also be configured for single viewer.

  • Steve Connor

    October 11, 2015 at 7:46 pm in reply to: FCP X Design Influences

    [Bill Davis] “As a preference, studios are fine. They are just no longer a necessity to do my kind of work. And modern laptop editing is at the core of this. YMMV
    “

    Mobility is great and I love the flexibility of being able to edit anywhere, but I still love my 2 x 23″ cinema displays, studio monitor and reference speakers in the office.

  • Steve Connor

    October 4, 2015 at 9:42 pm in reply to: Where is editing going

    [Bill Davis] “It adds weight to the fact that sometimes software designers are actually creating things based on what’s in their labs today – rather than exclusuvely what’s on their customers desktops today. And that’s worth understanding IMO.”

    Apple software designers creating things to make you buy a new computer from them? Disregarding those who have older systems? I’m not sure I’d be happy with a Company that did that. OK you’re not paying rentals, but you have to pay the “Apple Tax” to get the best out of it.

  • Steve Connor

    October 1, 2015 at 5:41 pm in reply to: please explain the new business model to me

    [Wayne Dupuis] “I was at an acquaintance for dinner, and he announced he had seen some of the short film work I streamed out, and he said something to the effect “The imagery was beautiful; you must have a really good camera.”
    I commented on dinner suggesting the food was terrific, you must have a really good stove.”

    That deserves an LOL!

  • Steve Connor

    September 30, 2015 at 8:23 pm in reply to: El Capitan and FCPX

    Adobe have said that PPro has some issues at the moment, so I’m holding off until they have official support

  • Steve Connor

    September 30, 2015 at 7:51 pm in reply to: El Capitan and Premiere Pro

    Thanks Peter, PPro is running very smoothly on both my systems, don’t want to do anything to disrupt that 🙂

Page 105 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy