Forum Replies Created

Page 150 of 285
  • [Aindreas Gallagher] “take back every single syllable relating to premiere FCP8 you have just uttered. Take it back right now Simon. I’m throwing the marbles down on the court.”

    Trying to answer you but laughing too loud to make much sense.

    Why would I go for a dull and lifeless imitation of FCP7 when I’ve still got FCP7 and it works magnificently?

    Pr “Pro” is the work of a committee – a pointless masquerade of something much better.

    That still isn’t nearly half as powerful.

    Instead of inventing something better, the drones at Adobe have done nothing but slavishly copy.

    OK, so did anyone ever observe that this stuff is pretty subjective and not really conformable to rational discussion?

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • [Marcus Moore] “While iMovie ’09 debuted this interface, look at it today and it’s a VERY stripped down version of the basic concept. iMovie 11 is much closer, but at that point FCPX had already been released.”

    iMovie 11 was released in October 2010.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • [Jeremy Garchow] “oops”

    I think you mean: “facepalm. WTF!?

    :)))))))”

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • You are absolutely right in every respects as always, Aindreas, except for the utter tosh you spout about Pr “Pro”.

    That has got to be the dullest piece of sh*t masquerading as an NLE that the world has ever produced.

    Sorry ‘n all.

    Ya know, just sayin’

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • [Charlie Austin] “RMAGS”

    Just had a Proustian moment!

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • [Charlie Austin] “love cutting in X, want to tear my hair out when I hit certain workflow bottlenecks. It just keeps getting better though, so I keep slogging away. I’m pretty sure most of the hair pulling stuff will get sorted out eventually. Or I hope it will. What keeps me in it is the way it works when I cut. Traditional timelines are really annoying to me now.”

    I keep reminding myself that I had the same issues with Legacy when I moved over to it.

    And with Media Composer when it first appeared on the planet. Talk about workflow issues!

    But seriously you are the best advocate for X around – mainly because you never overestimate the virtues.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • [Andy Branner] “Thinking that they started on iMovie, saw that it worked so they just slapped a few more features and a Pro moniker on it, defies any and all logic if you look at the facts. “

    Dear Andy, please supply us with the facts in this case.

    You know, just sayin’ and all.

    Do I need to add some amusing emoticon at this point? I’m not sure, but I have no doubt you can tell me.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    November 6, 2013 at 8:52 pm in reply to: Creative Cloud

    [Herb Sevush] “As an OT matter of interest, as one of the original X skeptics and then later a template creator for X, where is your workflow at now Simon – FCPX full time, NLE bigamist or what?”

    For me, FCP7 is still unbeatable and the NLE I spend most of my time working in – there are just too many deep advantages for me to forsake it just yet. Oliver Peters wrote a tremendously good piece about this recently.

    But thanks to the gently reasoned advocacy (how rare is that?) of editors like Charlie Austin I’ve recently migrated a few serious projects to X and have really enjoyed the cutting process.

    What I haven’t enjoyed are the attendant workflow headaches which subsequently made me regret the decision.

    The inability to relink to source material of a different length is a massive hindrance to our typical workflow. Add to that the lack of ganging, traditional replace editing, adequate timecode displays, etc. and it all becomes a serious production number pretty quickly.

    I fully accept that our workflows are not typical and have no intrinsic right to be catered for by any NLE manufacturer, but I do have to deliver results to my clients, if you see what I mean.

    Premiere is a non-starter for all its attractions because no-one in our industry uses it and it holds no advantages over Legacy for the work that we do. Meanwhile Media Composer remains a stolid, dull and slow workhorse that I inevitably revert to more often than I’d like for creative editing purposes.

    The big problem with finding a replacement, is that Legacy was just too darn good.

    And it wasn’t that good.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    November 6, 2013 at 8:41 pm in reply to: Creative Cloud

    [James Ewart] “As ever, your “ignorant questions” are far more incisive and enlightening than a host of other “contributions.

    Just sayin’, as it were.”

    How so ?”

    Herb’s discussions of his workflows have invariably been immensely illuminating to me. An experienced and respected editor in whatever field as always worth listening to.

    At least for as long as they’re still around for us to gain from their wisdom.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • [Andy Branner] “:-))))”

    This part I’m afraid you’re going to have to explain to me.

    While you’re still hunting up that section of the FCP X manual that you talk so highly of.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Page 150 of 285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy