Forum Replies Created

Page 102 of 2285
  • Shane Ross

    September 15, 2017 at 12:19 am in reply to: How to edit a project from someone else’s computer?

    No hijacking allowed.

    Look here:

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    September 15, 2017 at 12:13 am in reply to: legacy omf files off-line (but appear in Media Tool)

    HOW much legacy? Talking Meridian days, or earlier?

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    September 14, 2017 at 10:29 pm in reply to: How to edit a project from someone else’s computer?

    Consolidate all of the media in the project to an external drive. Send them that drive and the project file.

    But why can’t they just give you notes and have you do the editing? That’s how it normally works. They give notes on what they want changed, and you do the editing.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    September 14, 2017 at 5:32 pm in reply to: Subtitles for online vs TV vs Theatre

    Don’t change the size just for the theater. They are fine. They could be a touch smaller, but not by much And I mean by a point or two…barely smaller. And know that the bulk of your audience anymore will be online or TV. But I wouldn’t be distracted by that in the theater. Trying to think of examples of movie subs in theaters but drawing a blank

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    September 13, 2017 at 5:38 pm in reply to: MXF Relinking Question

    Well, I am not 100% sure, but about 90% sure that this won’t work. Because the only way to have things automatically relink when you drop anything into the MXF folder is if they are the same MXF files. If you had them copied over at one point…but then the drive died or the folder was lost, and you copied them over again. Pretty much everything else requires a relink.

    But bringing in H.264, working with that, and then getting DIT files and trying to relink to those…I don’t think that will work. Not sure the H.264 will have all the same data, it’s not know for being metadata rich.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    September 11, 2017 at 8:41 pm in reply to: Organizing Media before setting up a Project

    I organize a TON outside of editing apps. First off, I back up the camera masters to a separate set of drives, TWO drives. But then I try to organize them on the finder level by BROLL and INTERVIEWS and STOCK FOOTAGE. And then the stock footage broken up by vendor. And stills, all in separate folders, also by vendor. But when I import I might import by company, but then sort into bins by topic. Also separate folders for MUSIC, SOUND EFFECTS, GRAPHICS…

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    September 9, 2017 at 6:27 pm in reply to: Quick AMA Question

    [Nick Mars] “I AMA linked then transcoded footage into DNxHD 36 for editing purposes, but the footage was shot at 60fps and my project is set to 23.98.”

    Did you transcode that footage and maintain the frame rate….59.94fps? Because depending on the version of Avid, you can maintain the frame rate during the transcode…if you don’t have the version that does that, you need to transcode in a project with matching frame rate.

    [Nick Mars] “when I go to relink back to my original full size sources that AVID is clever enough to match all of my changed speeds?”

    Yes. Hopefully you did this in a later version that allows transcoding to the native frame rate. If so, this is a snap.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Hard to be positive. It does have FireWire, and you can choose the DV Easy Setup for DV cameras…that might work. Should work in theory. I haven’t actually done it with Hi-8 and digital 8 with a deck like that. But it SHOULD work.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    September 8, 2017 at 9:14 pm in reply to: Of locked bins and collaboration

    They had a station set up in the cafeteria. I checked it out after lunch. You and the others were lost in conversation at the table.

    As for the media being copied, that “feature” (I call it a “bug”) was addressed in the latest version. You can import sequences and NOT all the media that is in it. So I don’t think that’s it.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Shane Ross

    September 8, 2017 at 8:00 pm in reply to: Of locked bins and collaboration

    Adobe showed off this feature at Edit Fest. It’s based on using multiple projects, but that’s pretty much what we did with FCP 7…only better because things lock.

    BUT…I wonder if it has the same issues that FCP 7 had…and that is not being able to match back to footage across projects. If your footage was in one project, and your sequence in another, you could not match back to the bin the footage came from. That was a major issue.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Page 102 of 2285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy