Forum Replies Created
-
The only thing that’s “offending”, is when people ask for help, are given three very well described and useful options and the only response is “but couldn’t get to it”, which is a completely useless “error message” to work with. Had you spent less time lamenting about how the world has changed around you and more with describing what exactly isn’t working and why, we’d be at a position to move further. Anything else is a discouragement for anyone to offer help. It becomes a monologue.
There is an utter abundance of videos on the subject also, which I would highly recommend taking a look at first next time, so you at least have a minimum of basics under your belt which you are clearly missing. Be it something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2hKDM8dxF4 (which amongst other things explains part of what I already have and what a secondary is) or just plain, good ol’: https://bit.ly/1scVQ24
Better yet: https://www.rippletraining.com/categories/apple-pro-apps-tutorials/final-cut-pro-x-tutorials.html
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.
-
[cindy konits] “How do you guys function??”
I’ll go out on a limb and say: we actually learn what we are using (at least the most basic basics, which is what we’re talking about here) before we do actual work with it.
And sorry, but had you followed my instructions, you’d presumably quickly understood out what a “secondary” is. If you had followed any of the instructions here for that matter, it should be working as needed. So… oh well…
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Oliver Peters] “Finder media names are among the most important things in all of my workflows.”
Horses for courses as they say. File names in the context of FCP X is the least relevant metadata information I can think of. And if I actually needed different names for organizational reasons, I always have FCP’s batch renaming. If there’s anything I do in the Finder first, then it’s prep using folders and/or Finder tags which I then import as keywords. At the very latest at that point is when the original file names become most irrelevant for me, yes. The names can’t tell me anything I don’t already know and at the same time can’t show me an abundance of other things I do need to know, no matter the nomenclature. So I don’t bother.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Which version? Haven’t seen this since at least 10.0.5.
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Brett Sherman] “You’d have to import clips into a library in FCP X. Close FCP X…”
Oh well, if that’s what you need… I simply use metadata and FCP’s batch renaming if actually needed, since Finder names are completely irrelevant to me. The organization within FCP is what’s key for me.
[Brett Sherman] “If you worked off a NAS you would.”
I do.
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
October 23, 2014 at 7:58 am in reply to: Gamma/colour bug – anyone come up against this?[Adam White] “I don’t think it’s an easy piece of software to get to grips with by any stretch.”
Oddly I have a long list of first-time editing students that couldn’t disagree more. For them it’s the polar opposite. After learning X and then having to deal with e.g. PPro, they asked why in the world PPro and others DON’T have something like the magnetic timeline (for example)? Why would one want to make such a simple and basic task so tedious and convoluted? I tell them that I’m not even sure myself how I could work that way for some 15+ years anymore either. 😀
As a teacher my job has gotten exponentially easier with FCP X and I’m able to get to what is most important much much faster, namely actual editing. Literally days faster compared to teaching previous versions of FCP. And I’ve been doing it since v5. Any FCP trainer will tell you the same.
So yes, Mark is completely right. Once you simply turn off your legacy FCP/Avid/PPro brain, learning it is a breeze in comparison. 😉
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Jeff Markgraf] “does it not deal with the original R3D files on my raid?”
Yes, it does.
[Jeff Markgraf] “why do the intermediate RedCine step?”
Again… simply personal preference for some, be it for a (better) one-light to use in FCP or what not else.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
If needed, there are other options, yes.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Brett Sherman] “For my needs I need serialized names where you can search for that particular file.”
See the various solutions above.
[Brett Sherman] “We have to create a sparse bundle, we have to create a library file, we have to create an event…”
You could of course simply use “template” libraries etc. for that and duplicate as needed. Whereby I don’t get the need for sparse bundles to begin with.
[Brett Sherman] “That’s my point, often I want it to continue import while working.”
Sorry, but that makes no sense. It doesn’t copy while working, therefore no performance hit. But you want it to copy but without a performance hit. Hmmm… sounds like the cake and eating thing to me. If that were feasible, I’d say they’d have done it. Aside from not having to wait for it to finish before being able to start working anyway.
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Walter Soyka] “Should I assume from your statement you’d spec only the 4-core new Mac Pro with dual D700s? Save money with no performance downside?”
I’ve in fact tested it with FCP and Motion, yes. The difference—also given a healthy amount of RAM for each machine—in the overall performance is in fact nominal between all three models. Single digit percentage at best, but also non-scientific. Would I spec the lowest one for general use? No, since that’s not all I do either.
If it were a dedicated FCP suite, heck yeah.
[Mitch Ives] “I’d have to look again, but I saw it as $4,500 once it’s equipped.”
No idea what you’re putting together there, but in my book it’s more like $2,749.00 for max GPU, plus less than $200 for a total of 24GB of RAM. The RAM obviously NOT from Apple.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!