Forum Replies Created
-
Next time try here-
https://forums.creativecow.net/cowclassifiedsforsale
Noah
Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130. -
Noah Kadner
June 6, 2012 at 6:10 pm in reply to: Suggestions for moving from DVX100b to a consumer hd cam?I’d also consider DSLR cameras like the Panasonic GH2 and Canon T3i/60D which offer incredible visual bang for the buck and are fairly easy to learn and operate with post-friendly footage.
Noah
Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130. -
Hehe- but do you really want to tell the person who ‘crashed’ that you didn’t get the shot because you wanted to save a few bucks with a cheapo Chinese Go-Pro knock off. So please risk your life again? I don’t…
Noah
Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130. -
My 7D and T3i both shoot way more than 12 minutes- but if you’re in the UK this is artificially limited to 29 minutes by law.
Noah
Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130. -
It’s a very interesting technology but I personally found the unit we demoed much too low in resolution to get too excited about. It reminds me of a very early two-megapixel Minolta digital camera I had about 8 or 9 years ago. Fuzzy images with very low dynamic range. The examples on their website are clearly of the absolutely best possible conditions. Any photo taken with an iPhone 4S totally blows it away.
That said, the technology is quite promising and when they can scale it up to higher resolution/dynamic range- without making it super expensive (and throw in video) it’ll be much more of a keeper. We ended up sending our unit back to Lytro (which they were very gracious about) but I have no doubt they’ll be back with more impressive cameras in the near future. A company to watch for sure.
Noah
Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130. -
Yeah but is the GoPro really that expensive that folks want a cheapo Chinese knockoff with zero post support no warranty- etc. I’m guessing that most folks can tell the difference and pay for it.
Noah
Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130. -
I’d go Canon T3i, Panasonic GH2 or Canon 60D. And get a Zoom H4 audio recorder for great audio. Then you need optics, microphones, tripods, etc.
Noah
Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130. -
You’d want to change the footage to another format more suited to heavy compositing/effects work such as the Animation codec, or Uncompressed. I have a workflow video for the 130/160 here- https://www.callboxlive.com/products/panasonic-ac130-ac160-guide
In post it’s more focused on Final Cut Pro/FCP X but I do describe how the workflow is different from other editors. It’s pretty jammed packed with info if you’re looking to get up to speed quickly.
Noah
Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130. -
Yeah seriously- a C-Stand overhanging in the OR? That’d be a hot item for any malpractice lawyer to latch onto…
Noah
Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130. -
Twixtor is what you want if you don’t have access to a 60fps or higher frame rate camera.
Noah
Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.