Forum Replies Created

Page 211 of 277
  • This might work from
    Name: thehardmenpath
    Date: Feb 27, 2006 at 8:11:34 am
    Subject: Re: 4 free point mask tool

    I made a script that puts a tracker data into a mask vertex, check it out here:

    https://www.aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?t=329

    And this from crgreen:

    https://www.crgreen.com/aescripts/

    Connect_Vertex_to_Point.jsx

    Allows the animation of individual mask vertices by “linking” a vertex to any two-dimensional point property
    (like position, track point attach point, “point” expression control, etc).

    Name: thehardmenpath
    Date: Feb 16, 2006 at 5:11:57 pm
    Subject: Re: Any way to control a mask with tracking data?

    https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=2&postid=871496

    You’d have to create your wiggly data first, then you could apply it to your mask via his script. I haven’t done this but it should work and you should have enough info to figure it out or to do a better advanced search.

  • Mike Clasby

    April 22, 2006 at 5:32 pm in reply to: Creating Gunshot Blast!!!

    Or

    https://www.detonationfilms.com/free_stuff.htm

    there are even links to tuts ther.

  • Mike Clasby

    April 21, 2006 at 6:11 pm in reply to: Time Remap certain areas

    harryjf gave you the right direction, I suggest you look at Aharon’s 3rd tutorial on Displacement Mapping (click on jis head above and scroll down), from 6 minutes on in that tut he covers Time Displacement and there are several pitfalls that can lead to heavy render times, like Making sure the Time Displacements “Time Resolution (fps)” is set to the same or less than your comp fps (also the effect defaults to itself not the gradient you want to refer to), anyway check out Aharon’s tut, cause time displacement will do what you want.

    If you use the effect Ramp to make your Gradient controlling layer you need to precompose it, so it will render the ramp before the Time Displacement Refers to it, similarly if you use Fill to change the color of your solid (Blue to Red in your example) then you need to precompose that too.

    It should work fine for you though.

  • Mike Clasby

    April 20, 2006 at 6:57 pm in reply to: Animating stills – faking 3D
  • Mike Clasby

    April 20, 2006 at 6:55 pm in reply to: Animating stills – faking 3D

    Have you seen this from Serge? Click on the 3D book, comes with aep so you can see how it’s done. It’s great:

    https://www.nyc-visual.com/movies_2.html

  • It’s a Flash Movie File, (.flv) After you view it online once (until you erase your Temporary Internet Files), you can find it, on a PC at,

    My Computer >C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator (or whatever User you are) \Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

    Anyway look for your Temporary Internet Files Folder,

    If you can’t see your Temporary Internet Folder you might need to change a setting here:

    Start (Right Click) > Explore > Tools > Folder Options > View > Files and Folders > then check “Display the Contents of System Folders”

    Anyway once you find your “Temporary Internet Files” Folder, the flv is there, clicking once or twice on the “Size” Heading at the top of this open folder will bring the big files up to the top,

    Just Select and copy, then paste the file to where you want to save it. Don’t try to run the file in place from the Temp Internet Files Folder, your PC won’t like it.

    You’ll need an flv player, here’s a good free one (PC only):

    https://www.martijndevisser.com/blog/article/flv-player-updated

  • My trouble is I never knew when to keep my mouth shut so where’s the Fast Rewind button…

    <-- <-- <-- <-- <-- <-- Thanks for the excellent tutorial.

  • Hey, I know I’m out of line.

    You see I had just come in from connecting the assembly for the stabilizer bar in my beater car (1989 Nissan with 300,000 plus miles) so I’m a little grumpy, and I sit down to a fresh baked Cow Tutorial (Oh, Boy!) one of my favorite things in the world (really) and then I felt like I was slipping into a parallel universe… and I’m thinking, “Did I get a Popup? No, I don’t think so, I’m sure I saw the Cow logo a minute ago… Oh, there is something on keying… but, no it feels like a commercial… but we’re 2 minutes in… OK it is a commercial…. but it is a good commercial… So I wasn’t kidding, just felt vaguely violated… Sorry ’bout that.

    My problem is that I was suckled on TV in the 50’s and 60’s when commercials ran 4 1/2 minutes with 25 1/2 of programming (back in the good old days, have you heard this before?), so nowadays I couldn’t live without my remote… Oh, there is a Fast Forward on the Player… This is just like TV.

    “What have we become”

    Everyone has a little promo in their tuts, but you gotta admit, this is a major increase is Promotional Plugging thyselfness.

    So I wasn’t kidding, just felt vaguely violated… Sorry ’bout that.

    Thanks for taking it so well, I don’t know if I would.

  • Great 2 1/2 minute commercial before the tut.

  • Mike Clasby

    April 18, 2006 at 4:15 pm in reply to: expressions masters

    Card Dance quickies:

    Gradient Layer 1 & 2: Select a layer with variation in it, like luminosity, or a layer with ramp (You need to Precompose it) and the layer in the comp with card dance can have the eyeball turned off, card dance just needs to reference it.
    These layer will drive dynamic changes in the cards.

    For Properties like “Z Position”, any of the scales and rotations, the “Source” choose “Intensity for starters,
    Adjust the “Multiplier until your seeing close to what you want, offset add to this, tweak it.

    As you can see under multiplier, the choices under intensity are many, Red, Green, Blue, Alpha and combo’s thereof.
    There is a tut online (only one I’ve ever seen), Google Card Dance and After Effects. Unfortunately it’s at that place, like the Evil Wizard in Harry Potter, the name is unmentionable. Sounds like we need a card dance tut here, yikes to do that you really need to know the nuances of it and I think card dance has mucho nuances.

Page 211 of 277

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy