Forum Replies Created

Page 201 of 277
  • Mike Clasby

    June 21, 2006 at 4:51 am in reply to: “Zoom Out” to reveal 100’s of clips

    To add this expression to a layer:

    Copy this:

    horizSpace = 72;
    vertSpace = 48;
    numCol = 10;
    origin = [horizSpace/2,vertSpace/2,0];
    col = (index – 1)%numCol
    row = Math.floor((index – 1)/numCol);
    origin + [col*horizSpace, row*vertSpace, 0]

    Then Alt + Click the Stopwatch for the Position Property, and Paste (Ctrl V) the expression.

    Now if you dup the layer they willbegin to line up in a grid. (Dup it 99 times and you get a grid of 100)

    If each video (layer) is a different video, all all your layers, put your expression on the first layer, then select it, Edit>Copy Expression Only, then select the other layers and Paste, it will paste the expression into all 99 other layers to the Position property.

    If you add a camera to this move it to the bottom because the grid it setup on the order of the stack of layers.

    I also did it big, see my second post, with this expression in a 7200×4800 grid (Comp 1):

    horizSpace = 720;
    vertSpace = 480;
    numCol = 10;
    origin = [horizSpace/2,vertSpace/2,0];
    col = (index – 1)%numCol
    row = Math.floor((index – 1)/numCol);
    origin + [col*horizSpace, row*vertSpace, 0]

    I then dropped this Big Comp 1 into a regular 720×480 comp (Comp 2)and set keyframes for scale and position (sclae 100% to 10% and you get a zoom from 1 vid to a grid of 100.

  • Mike Clasby

    June 21, 2006 at 4:51 am in reply to: “Zoom Out” to reveal 100’s of clips

    To add this expression to a layer:

    Copy this:

    horizSpace = 72;
    vertSpace = 48;
    numCol = 10;
    origin = [horizSpace/2,vertSpace/2,0];
    col = (index – 1)%numCol
    row = Math.floor((index – 1)/numCol);
    origin + [col*horizSpace, row*vertSpace, 0]

    Then Alt + Click the Stopwatch for the Position Property, and Paste (Ctrl V) the expression.

    Now if you dup the layer they willbegin to line up in a grid. (Dup it 99 times and you get a grid of 100)

    If each video (layer) is a different video, all all your layers, put your expression on the first layer, then select it, Edit>Copy Expression Only, then select the other layers and Paste, it will paste the expression into all 99 other layers to the Position property.

    If you add a camera to this move it to the bottom because the grid it setup on the order of the stack of layers.

    I also did it big, see my second post, with this expression in a 7200×4800 grid (Comp 1):

    horizSpace = 720;
    vertSpace = 480;
    numCol = 10;
    origin = [horizSpace/2,vertSpace/2,0];
    col = (index – 1)%numCol
    row = Math.floor((index – 1)/numCol);
    origin + [col*horizSpace, row*vertSpace, 0]

    I then dropped this Big Comp 1 into a regular 720×480 comp (Comp 2)and set keyframes for scale and position (sclae 100% to 10% and you get a zoom from 1 vid to a grid of 100.

  • Mike Clasby

    June 21, 2006 at 4:40 am in reply to: “Zoom Out” to reveal 100’s of clips

    OK, I tried it BIG. My final was 720×480, so I wanted a 10×10 grid of these vids, so I made a comp 7200×4800 (Comp 1). I added my 720×480 vid, added this exression for position:

    horizSpace = 720;
    vertSpace = 480;
    numCol = 10;
    origin = [horizSpace/2,vertSpace/2,0];
    col = (index – 1)%numCol
    row = Math.floor((index – 1)/numCol);
    origin + [col*horizSpace, row*vertSpace, 0]

    I dupped it 99 times for a grid of 100 vids each 720×480 in an overall comp 1 that is 7200 x 4800.

    I created a new comp (Comp 2, 720×480, this is my final size) and added my Comp 1 to it.

    I set a keyframe at 0 sec for scale at 100% and moved the position so that one video (of the 100 in the comp 1) filled the screen (at 10%, without moving the position you get one fourth of 4 of the videos), then at 1 sec I set a keyfame at scale = 10% , and repositioned the grid layer (layer 1) to fill the screen, then on render you get a zoom from one screen to a grid of 100 screens.

    My computer is less than a year old but nothing special(AMD 64 bit, 3400+, 1 GB RAM) and it took 10 seconds per frame to render so the 1 second zoom animtion took 5 minutes to render).

  • Mike Clasby

    June 21, 2006 at 4:40 am in reply to: “Zoom Out” to reveal 100’s of clips

    OK, I tried it BIG. My final was 720×480, so I wanted a 10×10 grid of these vids, so I made a comp 7200×4800 (Comp 1). I added my 720×480 vid, added this exression for position:

    horizSpace = 720;
    vertSpace = 480;
    numCol = 10;
    origin = [horizSpace/2,vertSpace/2,0];
    col = (index – 1)%numCol
    row = Math.floor((index – 1)/numCol);
    origin + [col*horizSpace, row*vertSpace, 0]

    I dupped it 99 times for a grid of 100 vids each 720×480 in an overall comp 1 that is 7200 x 4800.

    I created a new comp (Comp 2, 720×480, this is my final size) and added my Comp 1 to it.

    I set a keyframe at 0 sec for scale at 100% and moved the position so that one video (of the 100 in the comp 1) filled the screen (at 10%, without moving the position you get one fourth of 4 of the videos), then at 1 sec I set a keyfame at scale = 10% , and repositioned the grid layer (layer 1) to fill the screen, then on render you get a zoom from one screen to a grid of 100 screens.

    My computer is less than a year old but nothing special(AMD 64 bit, 3400+, 1 GB RAM) and it took 10 seconds per frame to render so the 1 second zoom animtion took 5 minutes to render).

  • Mike Clasby

    June 21, 2006 at 3:04 am in reply to: “Zoom Out” to reveal 100’s of clips

    Here’s one way to do a grid of vids.

    Here’s how to set up a grid of 100 videos in a grid = 10×10

    each video would be 720 x 480 (and then scale down to 10%, this worked for my test, I dupped the layer 100 times and it didn’t gag my machine, but if all the clips are different, I dunno) or render at 72×48.
    So import your pics (vids?) at 72 x 480

    Anyway use this expression for position(Dan Ebberts, you can search: Dan Ebberts and Grid for more):

    horizSpace = 72;
    vertSpace = 48;
    numCol = 10;
    origin = [horizSpace/2,vertSpace/2,0];
    col = (index – 1)%numCol
    row = Math.floor((index – 1)/numCol);
    origin + [col*horizSpace, row*vertSpace, 0]

    This expresion works for any size you want, just change the horzSpace and vertSpace to fit your layer, then choose the number of columns. Then dup the layers (100 times here ) and you have your grid. Or if the clips are different, put on one layer, then

    Edit>Copy Expression Only

    Add you other 99 layers and select them, and Paste. Then you get a grid of vids.

  • Mike Clasby

    June 21, 2006 at 3:04 am in reply to: “Zoom Out” to reveal 100’s of clips

    Here’s one way to do a grid of vids.

    Here’s how to set up a grid of 100 videos in a grid = 10×10

    each video would be 720 x 480 (and then scale down to 10%, this worked for my test, I dupped the layer 100 times and it didn’t gag my machine, but if all the clips are different, I dunno) or render at 72×48.
    So import your pics (vids?) at 72 x 480

    Anyway use this expression for position(Dan Ebberts, you can search: Dan Ebberts and Grid for more):

    horizSpace = 72;
    vertSpace = 48;
    numCol = 10;
    origin = [horizSpace/2,vertSpace/2,0];
    col = (index – 1)%numCol
    row = Math.floor((index – 1)/numCol);
    origin + [col*horizSpace, row*vertSpace, 0]

    This expresion works for any size you want, just change the horzSpace and vertSpace to fit your layer, then choose the number of columns. Then dup the layers (100 times here ) and you have your grid. Or if the clips are different, put on one layer, then

    Edit>Copy Expression Only

    Add you other 99 layers and select them, and Paste. Then you get a grid of vids.

  • Mike Clasby

    June 19, 2006 at 5:58 pm in reply to: How to make a coin spin in the air?

    This from Serge Hamad:

    Name: Serge
    Date: Jan 18, 2006 at 3:58:30 pm
    Subject: Re: coin toss

    Hi,

    Try this:
    https://www.nyc-visual.com/3D_coin.zip

    Thread:
    https://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=2&postid=860548

    Hope it helps.

    Salut.
    Serge

  • Very nice, thanks for sharing.

  • I dunno, but I get much better wmv’x with thwe WMV Encoder, 2 pass variable bitrate, and easily tweakable, but then maybe AE & has the same options.

    https://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx

  • Mike Clasby

    June 16, 2006 at 12:27 am in reply to: has anyone created a kaleidoscope effect before?

    Pete’s plugins (Free) has a more powerful Kaleidascope than AE’s CC Kaleida (under Stylize):

    https://www.petewarden.com/

Page 201 of 277

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy