Mike Clasby
Forum Replies Created
-
This should work in AE if I see your sample right.
Three layers:
Texture layer
A jpg I downloaded from https://www.mayang.com/textures/ also https://www.imageafter.com/textures.phpSize (adjust to get the look you want, if layer is larger than comp, most textures are larger)
Threshold to turn the Image into B&WSolid Layer (Color of your choice)
Ctrl Y (choose Color)
Set the Mode in the TrkMat to Luma InvertedYour Footage Layer
The Logo or whatever you want to WasherizeAdjust the Threshold in the top layer to bring out the strength of the texture.
-
Thanks to Dan Ebberts any background you can create with Fractal Noise can appear to be all enveloping. Scroll down to the last section, “—pan, tilt, focus, and zoom—“, aeps provided.
Click on Dan’s head to see, Dan Ebbert’s tut, Building the World’s Greatest Cameraman
using After Effects 5.5’s Expression Controls.Here’s a quote from the tut as an overview, “To avoid having to build an enormous 3D background layer that would fill the comp window no matter which way the camera points, I decided to just use a 2D solid with Fractal Noise applied, because Fractal Noise has an offset parameter that essentially makes it extend infinitely in any direction. The trick is to tie the offset to the
-
Thanks to Dan Ebberts any background you can create with Fractal Noise can appear to be all enveloping. Scroll down to the last section, “—pan, tilt, focus, and zoom—“, aeps provided.
Click on Dan’s head to see, Dan Ebbert’s tut, Building the World’s Greatest Cameraman
using After Effects 5.5’s Expression Controls.Here’s a quote from the tut as an overview, “To avoid having to build an enormous 3D background layer that would fill the comp window no matter which way the camera points, I decided to just use a 2D solid with Fractal Noise applied, because Fractal Noise has an offset parameter that essentially makes it extend infinitely in any direction. The trick is to tie the offset to the
-
I hate when that happens.
-
I hate when that happens.
-
Morphing In After Effects by Chris Zwar
-
Here’s one way:
Andrew Kramer’s Deinterlace in After Effects
-
Mike Clasby
July 30, 2006 at 7:16 am in reply to: Transforming videos as they were been made through pencil sketchHave you seen the Sketch Actions for Photoshop at Adobe Studio Exchange:
https://share.studio.adobe.com/
You could Render your video as an Image Sequence or Filmstrip (flm) then run an Action in Photoshop (that’s why I like the filmstrip, one file no batch stuff) then reimport to AE. Is that the look your after? You might need to Posterize Time to cut some of the jitter.
-
I don’t know that preset, but try this:
Type this expression into the expression box:
[value[0],value[1],value[2]]
That just says use the x,y,z
Highlight the “value [2]” (the Z axis) and pickwhip to a Channel Slider for the Audio Amplitude Layer, to get:
[value[0],value[1],thisComp.layer(“Audio Amplitude”).effect(“Both Channels”)(“Slider”)]
If you wanted to Wiggle just the Z axis, try this:
[value[0],value[1],wiggle(5,20)[2]]
-
I don’t know that preset, but try this:
Type this expression into the expression box:
[value[0],value[1],value[2]]
That just says use the x,y,z
Highlight the “value [2]” (the Z axis) and pickwhip to a Channel Slider for the Audio Amplitude Layer, to get:
[value[0],value[1],thisComp.layer(“Audio Amplitude”).effect(“Both Channels”)(“Slider”)]
If you wanted to Wiggle just the Z axis, try this:
[value[0],value[1],wiggle(5,20)[2]]