Forum Replies Created

Page 145 of 391
  • Michael Sacci

    May 30, 2010 at 6:05 pm in reply to: 4:3 to 16:9 fix

    [Jacob Harkins] “so the footage is HD quality”
    The footage was HD quality.

    The best way to do this is with hardware. The AJA Kona 3 can do a good job and it will just take the center of the image so it will be 16:9 movie on the other end. I do this type of thing with two systems, the SD goes out using the IoHD to my Kona3 card which is doing the up converting. If the footage is not super sharp it falls apart pretty quickly.

    The client should be aware that they will not have HD/BluRay quality, they will have up converted SD, unless they go back to the original footage.

    This is an example of why HD should be edited as HD even if the use today is going to be SD.

  • [Mark Devries] “16:9 letterbox (NTSC)”
    that is not 16:9 footage, letterbox is a 16:9 within a 4:3 so the first thing what do you really, SD 16:9 is anamorphic, and the pixel aspect ratio is 1.2.

    As for any footage that is not 24p (23.98) you need to transcode it to 24p before yo bring it in if you want the best quality, 29.97 or 60i (which is really the same thing just said a different way) to 24p doesn’t just happen, you need software that does a good job. There are filters (Magic Bullet Frames for an example) or programs like Shake or Compressor. Compressor can do it but you need to turn on Frame control and set it to optical flow for the best results. Get really to do a lot of waiting for it to finish.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 30, 2010 at 12:03 am in reply to: Does HPX500 Record Proxies?

    Why not get a crappy sec cam and record that, they are really cheap.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 29, 2010 at 11:58 pm in reply to: 640 x 480 on the t2i/550d

    [John Frey] “Supposedly it does output better than SD”
    What I heard from Canon Rep at NAB as well as the AJA tech guys is that all the DSLR canon’s live out is SD only in record mode, HD in playback.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 29, 2010 at 3:46 am in reply to: Making 7D look good in standard def.

    You never convert progressive to interlace, that would screw up playback everywhere else and the DVD player interlaces the video to tube TVs. Once again you have not settings list.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 28, 2010 at 6:26 pm in reply to: Making 7D look good in standard def.

    [Casey Petersen] ” are doing anything different “
    I’m sure they are, but since you have give zero info on what you are doing there is no way of helping you.

    Help us to help you, give detailed steps and specs of what you are doing.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 28, 2010 at 3:15 am in reply to: 640 x 480 on the t2i/550d

    [John Frey] ” I realize that the 7D provides for that”
    A couple of people have posted that and I don’t believe it is true, the Mark 5 doesn’t do live HD out while recording, it is SD, HD happens only with playback. If it were different I would love to know, cause I would be getting the 7D and an AJA Ki for recording.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 28, 2010 at 12:23 am in reply to: 640 x 480 on the t2i/550d

    I had a good friend that was a computer salesman a while back, I called him up and asked him a question like that and he reply, “what does the manual say?’ Me, “I don’t know”, Him, “would you like me to pull the manual and read it to you.” Me, “Shut me you jerk” hung me the phone in shame.

    Page. 132

    16GB 99min 640x
    HD is 49 min.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 28, 2010 at 12:08 am in reply to: Button trouble

    Sounds like the auto navigation was turned off, In the viewer, upper right there is a little settings menu, click select, Auto Assign Button Now (or continuously). This should do it.

    A quick check on your DVD now, if you press 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 is should jump to the track, if not something else is wrong.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 27, 2010 at 3:50 am in reply to: e-series p2 card

    I cannot see why that would ever be a problem. Normally problems happen when reconnecting but I don’t think that is even a problem on these cards because they are so directed on insertion there is not much of a chance of getting it wrong.

    I say keep them in if you like, hard to misplace them if they never come out of the camera.

Page 145 of 391

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy