Forum Replies Created

Page 177 of 428
  • Michael Phillips

    December 29, 2013 at 4:16 pm in reply to: Problem with 50p Canon 5D MArk lll footage

    An import or transcode of any material that does not match the project frame rate and raster type (progressive/interlace) will create media that is now that project type. For example, 1080i/59.94 material in a 23.976p project will become 23.976p material via motion adapters and the timecode becomes 23.976, losing the original 30NDF or 30DF timecode of the source. For some workflows, that is fine, for others it may not be. If you do need to go back to camera originals in an offline/online workflow then give my bog a read on how one can do that:
    https://24p.com/wordpress/?p=22

    I am assuming you are seeing the motion adapter because you are in a 720p/25 project and you now have the ability to change the motion adapter to 100% creating a slomo. If you were in a 720p/50, the file would already be at the proper rate and no motion adapter applied.

    So depending on what you want to end up with, you can start in a 720p/50 project, transcode there, then open that bin in your 720p/25 project and you will now have the motion adapter available at your target codec choice.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    December 28, 2013 at 9:47 pm in reply to: Resolve 9, setting tape name for Avid

    In the settings you want to go to “conform assist” and you have some choices that will be used in the REEL field of the file and output in the TAPE field when exporting MXF/DNxHD. I know v10 has it, but have shown up in v9 is the selection for “use filename” in the same settings area.

    Michael

  • I would look to any of the DV based cameras on the market with FireWire connection. Just need to be careful with FireWire being eliminated from Apple platforms and will need a third party solution to enable. Then it becomes a question of what is supported. I am finding that MC’s focus is on file based formats and workflows while signal based formats have taken a back seat overall.

    Why are you looking for tape/signal based cameras? Plenty of lower cost file based camera that can be used. If you want to continue with signal based, you might want to look at some of the Blackmagic solutions for capture and bring those “file-based” into MC.

    Michael

  • More curious that anything, but I don’t see any real reasons yet to rush to Mavericks on the OS side of things unless FCPx 10.1 is an important part of the workflow. other than that, what is so compelling for the post side of things that I might be missing?

    Michael

  • frank mentioned he tried the uninstaller with v7.0.3 and gets an error message as well which is why I suggested the install first, then uninstall, install… I actually jut had to do a similar thing going back to an earlier version an hour ago and it worked for me.

    Michael

  • In the past when I’ve had a similar problem, I just installed over the existing app, restarted, then ran the uninstaller – then do the install. Depending on the issue, it would clean up whatever and I could take it from there.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    December 21, 2013 at 2:05 pm in reply to: No finder tags?

    I’m not imolying it won’t, just that I was surprised it wasn’t in the initial release. It’s not like they first heard about tags and keyworks in the OS when it was released. 😉

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    December 20, 2013 at 11:11 pm in reply to: No finder tags?

    I was expecting that as well when I first saw the Mavericks demo – it would allow more collaborators to contribute to the process. Seems weird to not have it there.

    While my blog is mainly Avid and workflow focused, I did refer to it in this entry:
    https://24p.com/wordpress/?p=93

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    December 20, 2013 at 8:21 pm in reply to: Importing Sony Vegas into Avid

    In the bin, display both the TAPE and SOURCE FILE column and see what metadata exists in either column. Depending on how the sources made their way into Media Composer, it will be on or the other. When you look at the EDL, what does it show as source? Does it match anything in either of those two columns? If so, you got a good shot a relink.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    December 20, 2013 at 4:50 pm in reply to: Importing Sony Vegas into Avid

    What are you importing into Media Composer that represents the sequence, AAF. EDL? And regardless of which one, what is referenced in the Tape or Source File columns within Media Composer? Those should match between the sequence and the sources you are trying to link to.

    Michael

Page 177 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy