Forum Replies Created

Page 172 of 428
  • Have you downloaded the Sony XAVC AMA plug-ins for your version of Media Composer?
    https://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Download/en394827

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    January 29, 2014 at 1:57 pm in reply to: Error messages: Galore!

    I don’t, if I did, I could make millon$!! 😉

    Michael

  • I cannot whjoleheaterdly support the WAC AMA plug-in at this time as I speak to in my blog: https://24p.com/wordpress/?p=144

    A relink only uses the metadata that exists on both sides and match – so A1 to A1, etc. A trick that may work is to export an audio only EDL from the sequence, edit the tracks in a text editor to replace A1 with A3, import EDL back into Media Composer, relink that to the WAV files and edit that audio only sequence back into your original sequence. Because these are R3D filenames, make sure you select the File_16 template in order to support the entire string.

    If going to ProTools, you can let the conform to the WAV files via the A1 EDL and ProTools has features that would let them easily use different tracks from the same file.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    January 29, 2014 at 1:13 pm in reply to: Error messages: Galore!

    With sequence active, go to “Special” menu and select video mixdown. You can do the same for audio. Then create a sequence of just those two elements and export as source from there.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    January 29, 2014 at 1:12 pm in reply to: How do I purchase Student Edition?

    https://www.journeyed.com/item/Avid/Media+Composer+/1563336

    They can verify student credentials and sell you student version.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    January 29, 2014 at 3:12 am in reply to: Error messages: Galore!

    Try a mixdown first, then export “same as source.”

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    January 28, 2014 at 1:29 pm in reply to: Picture Syncing

    Trying to understand the state of your sources to best advise. If I understand correctly, you have video with scratch audio VA and you want to remove the scratch audio and sync the double system audio to create a new sync clip? Or you want to resync the VA clip as it came in from camera?

    I usually don’t sync in the timeline myself. If there are claps, (and assuming no common timecode?) I add a Mark IN at the clap on the VA clip, then a Mark IN at the same clap point on the double system audio. Select both clips and choose AutoSync from the Bin menu. In the dialog box, I select “use Mark In” as the sync method, then at the bottom I make sure “keep audio on video clip” is NOT selected and defaults as such. Select the range of tracks you want from the double system audio. Some like working with just the mix track if available or all tracks. Click OK. Your .sync clip in the bin will have removed the scratch audio from the original VA clip and added the double system audio.

    I tend to always work in a 35mm 4 perf project even if not using film so that I can further sync the clip to a 1/4 frame refinement as I describe in my blog here: https://24p.com/wordpress/?p=16

    Michael

  • Glad it worked out. In the future, it is easier to do this before editing than deal with edited sequences and the relink process.

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    January 27, 2014 at 6:01 pm in reply to: Output Masks not working! Am I missing something?

    Also working on my Mac 7.0.3 in OS X 10.8.5

    Michael

  • Michael Phillips

    January 27, 2014 at 5:59 pm in reply to: Avid Crashes during long export

    You are usually better off as Richard states to export a QT reference and encode to streaming codes in a third party app – even the free MPEGStreamclip works great.

    Michael

Page 172 of 428

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy