Bryan, the RED tool you need is called RED Rushes. You select the files you need to import and then you have various selections on what quicktime codec format to create and there are presets for standard frame sizes.
In this case I would recommend converting to ProRes 1920 x 1080. Under Render, select Color Space to REC709 and the same for Gamma. In Resize select scale and the 1920 x 1080 preset with fit width. In Output, select quicktime ProRes.
Do a test on one file and drop that into an FCP sequence that matches your quicktime settings. It should look right with letterboxed top/ bottom and correct width and not need rendering in the timeline. I couldn’t see anything specifically for anamorphic in the settings so there may still be some distort values you will need to use in FCP.
Again, it is important to study the documentation on FCP workflows that RED have on their site. I learned all that I have passed on to you by studying those docs and testing on one project.