Forum Replies Created

Page 219 of 282
  • Joseph W. bourke

    February 5, 2012 at 4:50 pm in reply to: Most rookie question ever. export?

    Hi Marcel –

    The way I do it (and opinions probably differ) is to create a master clip from Premiere – if I’m working at 1920 x 1080, I’ll output my master file as a Quicktime Animation, millions of colors. It’s a huge file, but it’s at the top of the game as far as quality.

    I then use that master file for all of my encoding for delivery. I’ll often send off a couple of Flash formats at 640 x 360, plus some H.264 formats in the same aspect ratio, and a format which will work on an iPhone as well. Having the one master file gives me the confidence that everything created from it will be as squeeky clean as the encoding allows.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    February 3, 2012 at 2:17 pm in reply to: $300 cam for green screen?!

    You’ll be hard pressed to find a camera that does 4:2:2 chroma sampling for under $3000, let alone $300. You really need 4:2:2 sampling rate (this equates to Beta-SP format) to get the chroma levels necessary to pull a good key.

    There’s software you can buy which is made to improve the lower chroma of DV cameras, and lighting certainly helps, but it’s probably not even worth your time to have a company that underpays you and doesn’t understand good equipment buy something that won’t do the job. You can see where that’s going. Good luck.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    February 1, 2012 at 4:28 pm in reply to: Problem with 3D layers

    Is it possible that they’re all in the same position in Z space, so the 3D layer is blocking the others? Are the other layers 3D as well? What version of After Effects are you using?

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    February 1, 2012 at 3:16 am in reply to: Rotobrush inquiry

    I hate to say it, but your best bet is to go back in, save off a copy of what you have now, and hand roto the jewelry in where it’s missing. It’s probably the only way you’ll get a believable shot. Good luck.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Walter’s right about PlaneSpace – I purchased it as part of the Red Giant Effects Suite, and it’s indispensible. If you look on my website in the Video Gallery:

    https://bourkemedia.com/?page_id=7

    And click on the Waters Corporation clip, at about :42 seconds you’ll see a couple of spherical matrices created in PlaneSpace. They were created by simply dropping the clips into a comp, then applying Spheroid Creator, one of the many options in PlaneSpace. To have done this manually would have blown the budget out of the water (no pun intended). The depth of capability in PlaneSpace is huge, with options you have to play around with to see the power. You can even set up a spherical matrix, turn on “animate postion”, then go in and change the settings, and you can animate between different sizes and layouts of spheres.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    January 30, 2012 at 4:07 pm in reply to: advice needed…shrinking a file to DVD size

    Hi Stan –

    AME is Adobe Media Encoder.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    January 29, 2012 at 5:52 pm in reply to: Adobe Prelude

    I don’t know whether you’re being a revisionist in favor of Apple, or you just haven’t used Bridge or any of the CS products much, but I, for one, was using, and very successfully, Adobe’s metadata within Bridge quite a few years ago in my job as Art Director at a broadcast station, to manage hundreds of thousands of graphics files, from QT movies and AVIs, to Targa, Tiff, JPEG, and other still formats. Sure, there were some limitations and some wrinkles, but I submitted issues to Adobe, and their products have improved based on user requests, something Apple, from what I’ve seen, hasn’t done yet.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    January 28, 2012 at 9:14 pm in reply to: Adobe Prelude

    I’m with you on that, Oliver. OnLocation never quite seemed to gain the legs it needed to bridge the gap (no pun intended) between Bridge and the off-line logger/project organizer it hoped to be. But Adobe has a way of listening to its users, dropping things that don’t work, and adding things that do.

    For my money, I’d much rather see Bridge incorporate the best features of OnLocation, then the reverse. I’ve used Bridge for years to manage (and organize using Metadata) broadcast media and graphics numbering in the tens of thousands. It works like a charm. Now all it needs is the ability to log, mark in and out points, and a few other features and fixes (some of the motion media handling in Bridge can be buggy, expecially in CS5), and it will be close to perfect.

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    January 27, 2012 at 10:19 pm in reply to: Operator Error

    You’ve got to be the only three year old I know who edits on Premiere! Imagine how good you’ll be when you’re a teenager!

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

  • Joseph W. bourke

    January 27, 2012 at 3:10 pm in reply to: Interesting NYT Article

    But Glencore and Monsanto aren’t subject to the vagaries of the retail market – and they have most of our vaunted government officials in their pockets.

    I guess it’s a matter of weighing one life lost against many lives reduced in quality. I’m not prepared to make that decision, but I do vote with my wallet. I try my best to buy local, organic produce, meats that aren’t pumped full of God knows what, and products that are made without killing or maiming people. That’s a personal decision, and I don’t want to push it on anyone else – that’s why this is a free country (somewhat).

    Joe Bourke
    Owner/Creative Director
    Bourke Media
    http://www.bourkemedia.com

Page 219 of 282

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy