Joseph W. bourke
Forum Replies Created
-
There is no monospaced version of Akzidenz Grotesk from what I can see – even the complete $750 font family from Linotype shows no such version. I hope you haven’t gotten too far in your type design.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
As far as I know, the only way to accomplish that is to use a Monospaced font, specifically designed for that purpose. Here’s a listing of some of the more common ones:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samples_of_monospaced_typefaces
Here are a few more:
https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/list/style/Monospaced
The other types of fonts are designed with sets of kerning pairs, in which they are designed to look good on the page, not to have the same spacing between each letter. The monospaced fonts are often called Programmers Fonts, because they’re easy to comprehend in large blocks of code.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Often systems which don’t have a number pad have an alternative way of accessing those keystrokes (such as the Function (Fn) key on Lenovo laptops). Certain Ctrl, Alt, or Command, Option combinations might also do the job. Look into it for your machine and OS.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Hi Daniel –
I think you mean the Roto Brush:
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3bf812c123007fb8513559df126b537c840-8000.htmlThere are some videos at the bottom of this page that will give you a handle on whether it’s what you’re looking for.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
“Adobe People”…is that a musical group in which one of the people wears a Premiere Pro hat, one wears an After Effects hat, etc.? I don’t get the terminology here. It’s pretty alienating, actually. I see a great politicization of the editing world here, when someone is an AVID person, an FCPX person, a Premiere Pro person. Wouldn’t it just be simpler to refer to us all as Editors, who may well have tool preferences, but who cares? Cuts down on the feeling that some sort of attack is imminent.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
May 19, 2012 at 7:01 pm in reply to: “Edit fluidly with improved interface, powerful training features”Or is it possible that they were obliquely referring to the ton of training videos on the tv.adobe.com website. I know…if so, it was lamely stated. Just a thought…
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Thanks Roland –
It appears that there are a whole lot more choices than the two you mention, from single Xeon processors, to dual, at varying clock speeds, some with solid state hard drives, some not. I’ll poke around and see what looks inviting. My thought was that it could be had for less than the HPs, with much the same specs, but I’m not sure of that now. I’ll do some more homework.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Albert’s pick on ThemeForest is very good, but they’ve got a whole lot more to choose from, and for really good prices – this is where I got my template from:
https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/creative
If you haven’t got a hosting site yet, I suggest FatCow – they’re wind powered, so you can have a somewhat green website:
I’m in my second year of using them, and I really haven’t had any problems.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Hi Stephanie –
What I’m going to link here won’t be much help from my end, since I settled on Cool Video Gallery right away. It seemed to have the fewest complaints (all of them have some – some due to user inexperience – some due to bugginess).
I’ve had some problems with it myself, but nothing I couldn’t live with – at the time I chose it, I was just starting with WP, and knew nothing about it, so I was scrambling to get an organized, good-looking site out there, with galleries for both my photography, and my animation and video production.
Here are a couple of considerations:
https://clonesdir.com/premium-wp-plugins/contus-wordpress-video-gallery-plugin/
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-video-pack/screenshots/
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cool-video-gallery/
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/flash-album-gallery/screenshots/Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Stephanie –
WordPress has some great plugins for Video Galleries, and they are very simple to implement. You just have to upload the video clips to your site, then create a gallery that points to the folder with the video in it.
Here’s how I implemented my video gallery:
https://bourkemedia.com/?page_id=7
There are many plugins, and other ways to go in WordPress, the one I used is this one:
https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cool-video-gallery/
Because it’s compatible with many of the formats I deliver in, it’s not very time consuming to put videos on there without re-encoding for the site. It will take .mp4, .mp3, .mov, and .flv encodings. I’m happy with it, but there many other choices.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com