Joseph W. bourke
Forum Replies Created
-
Just because a lot of people scoff at the tools you use doesn’t mean that they can’t do the job at hand. On a different note, working as I am in the woods of New Hampshire, I have neighbors who still do logging (and I don’t mean video) using work horses and oxen. Imagine the laughs that gets from the corporate farmers who use combines and GPS. Whatever tool gets your job done.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Wayne –
I was on the fence about this one myself, until I read this exhaustive blog post on Prolost:
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
I think that, more than the fact that it was a Windows program, was the fact that Audition was made as a professional DAW, not as a sequencer, or loop maker, the likes of Garage Band, Cakewalk, Acid, music creators as opposed to audio workstations. I know, there’s a fine line between the two, especially as software tries to do everything, but if you look at the history of Audition (Cool Edit Pro was its grandfather), you’ll see that it came from a purely audio editing, as opposed to music creation, place:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Audition
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Once you know how to do it, you won’t believe the magic you can do to remove fan noise, ac rumble, dogs barking, even babies crying. If the cry is happening in a clear spot, you’re golden, if it’s under the stuff you want to keep, it’s a bit harder:
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/audition/cs/using/WS58a04a822e3e5010548241038980c2c5-7f30.htmlJoe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
I’ve use AE for some billboard work in the past. I handed off a .tif (.tga was also fine) file to my output guy, who then used Genuine Fractals – which is now:
https://www.ononesoftware.com/products/suite/perfect-resize/?ind
As long as I could give him a file size of 16-20mb for a frame, he could make it fit the side of a building, and it would hold up.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
If the tut sound is happening somewhere where nothing else is happening, you could sample the tut sound as a noise floor, then remove that from the whole clip. This might effect the overall sound of the VO, especially if the tut sound is in the same part of the audio spectrum as the voice. However, if it’s a pretty percussive sound, you might get away with it. I don’t know exactly how it’s done in Audition, but I’ve done it in Soundbooth, so I know Audition has the capability to sample a noise, then remove it.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Thanks Carlos –
Just for reference, you may want to manage your file in PPro before you send it out. This will give your friend only the elements which were actually used in the project, and “trim the fat”, so to speak. Here’s a brief blurb on what the PPro manager can do:
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WS1c9bc5c2e465a58a91cf0b1038518aef7-7c74a.htmlThere are quite a few options available to you, depending on what you want to archive.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
As far as I know, Premiere Pro files have always been cross-platform compatible. Have I tested it? No. Your best bet is to wait until you both have stable installs of CS6 (all updates done), then do a couple of tests with small projects (or an early version of your actual project). The problems I’ve ever had between PC and Mac have always been font related, but that’s only been with After Effects and Illustrator files.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Here’s one that’s more about the how than the what, but if this is your first chroma-keying endeavor, then you’d best be good at the tail end – pulling the key. The course that’s for sale on the link is a tour-de-force of technique, and well worth the money:
https://www.hollywoodcamerawork.us/greenscreenplates.html
By the way, I’m in no way connected with the site – I just appreciate the resources they’ve got, and have used several of their free sample shots to work on pulling keys. Good luck with it!
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Here’s a rundown on what the options are for doing charts and graphs in AE:
https://ae.tutsplus.com/articles/news/charts-and-graphs-in-after-effects/
Red Giant used to have a product called Datamator, but they discontinued it due to stability issues and (I think) lack of interest.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com