Joseph W. bourke
Forum Replies Created
-
Eric –
Here’s way too much info on Metadata – it’s the Adobe help file, and it also has some good links to video tutorials:
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS7D166319-4319-4f7d-BCF2-28B26E30FB5C.html
I use Metadata on every project – I have a custom template with all of my copyright info already built, and I just Append it in Bridge to whatever output files I need tagged – it saves a lot of typing. I recently posted on my Blog about using AE Metadata to find the project with Metadata from the output file:
https://bourkemedia.com/adobe-bridge-metadata-saves-the-day/
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Hi Fred –
Don’t confuse the FCP workflow with AEs – AE is a compositing tool, not an NLE. That said, you should have no problem at all dragging and dropping layers into a Comp and having them all line up at frame zero. As a matter of fact, I can’t remember it ever happening any other way. By “Sequence of Items”, do you mean that you’re importing stills as a Sequence? In that case, you’d be getting just what you told AE to do, and each new layer will show up at the end of the last layer – the “stair step” look you spoke of. Try just importing all of your files – or dragging and dropping from Bridge, then selecting all of them in AE and dragging to the New Comp icon in the bottom of the upper left panel. They should create a new Sequence with no staggering.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
July 17, 2013 at 3:41 pm in reply to: Efficient way of getting rid of extra footage?I think that Adobe Prelude may be your solution:
https://tv.adobe.com/watch/short-and-suite/how-to-ingest-edit-what-you-want-in-adobe-prelude-cs6/
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
July 17, 2013 at 3:37 pm in reply to: Any way to apply an effect (Directional Blur) via Layer mapYou’re welcome Nicolas – some of what you’re looking for may involve just creating a pre-comp prior to the effect. I’m not absolutely sure.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Hey Todd –
Have you ever used Gentibus CD? It’s a free cataloguing program which allows you to scan your CD and DVDs (even drives), and then be able to look at what’s on your disks without ever putting them in a drive:
I used to use a program called Catfish, but development stopped with WinXP, so I had to jump ship to Gentibus CD. It seems to have all of the same features. It’s a real time saver, and worth a donation to the developer.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
July 16, 2013 at 5:02 pm in reply to: Any way to apply an effect (Directional Blur) via Layer mapTake a look at some of the Compound Effects that After Effects includes:
https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/using-compound-effects-1
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
I think it all depends on where you have located your cache – take a look in the settings for both Premiere and AE – this may be the culprit. This should help you out:
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Pond5 is a good source. You do have to do some digging, but I found a very nice music package for a hyper-local news channel which I did an on-air graphics package for.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Here’s a good explanation of LUFs:
https://productionadvice.co.uk/lufs-dbfs-rms/
I haven’t run into a need to know about it yet, but I’m going to learn about it just in case.
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com -
Joseph W. bourke
July 14, 2013 at 5:35 pm in reply to: How do I make 3D Tracking ignore a portion of the screen?I believe you just delete the tracking points that confuse the track. Either that, or maybe mask out the areas of the HUD which are confusing the track?
Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com