Forum Replies Created

Page 123 of 196
  • Joseph Owens

    July 31, 2012 at 8:31 pm in reply to: DaVinci Resolve 9 Released

    I’m running Snow Leopard with no obvious issues.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    July 31, 2012 at 3:45 pm in reply to: So… The 17″ Mac Book Pro is Confirmed dead?

    [gary adcock] “Umm, what is the issue? “

    It used to be that pixel-density was related to screen size, so the smaller MBPs couldn’t accommodate the 1920×1080 that the COLOR UI required — and Resolve (at least up to 8) needed a minimum that you had to hack if you wanted to run it.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    July 31, 2012 at 3:42 pm in reply to: More Napkin Numbers? (FCPX Units)

    What I’d be curious to know is how the X numbers correlate to sales of the “daughter” apps associated with it — Compressor and Motion.

    Do people who buy FCX complete the suite?

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    July 31, 2012 at 3:00 pm in reply to: So… The 17″ Mac Book Pro is Confirmed dead?

    What about apps that demand a specific minimum display resolution like the Resolve UI?

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    July 31, 2012 at 2:59 pm in reply to: Speedgrade update!

    Still no third-party display SDI I/O so it is still a non-starter.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    July 31, 2012 at 2:57 pm in reply to: Did anyone lose their job after FCPX mistake ?

    [Anders Haavie] ” it is democratizising the tool… “

    Wrong word. Should be “popularizing”.

    jPo

    “Learned my lesson” and confining responses to twits…. or is that tweets… or???? kids these daze.

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    July 31, 2012 at 2:51 pm in reply to: Release of DaVinci Resolve v9

    [Paul Provost] “do I need to return the 570’s?”

    Have you installed them and do they function?

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    July 30, 2012 at 8:49 pm in reply to: Did anyone lose their job after FCPX mistake ?

    [Anders Haavie] “do Apple still think they did the right thing, “

    You have the cart before the horse. Apple purged everyone who was not on board during the development of the X version, so the entire organization is on the same pitcher of KoolAid. By definition, there can be no mistake. It is within the corporate orthodoxy of internal infallibility. People who have never edited a national spot, feature film or long-form documentary know more about the process than those who do. It could be argued that the 3-5 minute “B”-roll news clip or YouTube short will supersede all other forms of recorded entertainment, mostly due to mass audience ADD.

    Do people even listen through a whole song on their iPods anymore before clicking to something else?

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    July 30, 2012 at 4:55 pm in reply to: Best practices for backing up Resolve 8 projects?

    You could set up a target directory and “export” the projects, so that you have a mirror copy of the session.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    July 30, 2012 at 4:54 pm in reply to: Exporting mov from davinci resolve.

    And if you want a continuous mov of the entire project, you will be rendering in Target mode.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

Page 123 of 196

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy