Forum Replies Created

Page 1768 of 1940
  • John Rofrano

    May 26, 2009 at 10:49 pm in reply to: Anyone to interpret this error report

    That is probably something that you would need to send to Sony tech support but, of course, they won’t accept it because “officially” Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 doesn’t support Vista 64 bit. 🙁

    Looks like a file I/O problem with the Main Concept MPEG-2 decoder to me (mcdddec.dll). Perhaps a corrupt file in the project? perhaps a bug in VMS? (just guessing here… you really need to contact Sony)

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 26, 2009 at 10:44 pm in reply to: Vegas Pro 9 and Cineform

    > Anyone else experiencing this?

    No, but I also have Neo Scene so my CineForm files work great in the Vegas Pro 9.0 32-bit.

    > I haven’t tried installing and testing the 64-bit Vegas Pro 9 to see if it works on that, but I doubt that will fix anything for the reasons listed above.

    Don’t bother. The CineForm VFW codec is still 32-bit and doesn’t work in Vegas Pro 9.0 64-bit.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 26, 2009 at 10:43 pm in reply to: DVDA Error

    > I am getting an error (red caution indicator) in the Review Message List saying ‘One or more menu links overlap in ‘Training Within Industry’, which is the main title.

    This means that you have buttons that overlap. Try and resize them or space them out just a little more to avoid the overlaps.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 26, 2009 at 10:41 pm in reply to: Home-made presets in Production Assistant?

    Currently there is no generic way to apply FX in the process tab of Production Assistant but that would be a good feature for the next version. Ultimate S Pro has this capability and it even allows you to build chains of FX and apply or remove them as a group (the latter of which Vegas itself doesn’t do).

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 26, 2009 at 3:07 am in reply to: Workflow: HDV movie to PS3

    I’ve only used MPEG-2 TS HDV m2t files on my PS3 and they have played fine. This is what my Sony Z1U shoots. You originally said you wanted to use AVCHD (MP4) which is fine also. If you render using the Blu-ray template, it is going to produce an AVC file. I don’t know if the PS3 can play these (you should certainly test it and see). If you use an AVCHD template it will create an M2TS file which I believe the PS3 will play fine. I would use 15Mbps vs 8 Mbps.

    If you have HDV footage, then personally I would use MPEG-2 TS because that’s what your camera shoots. I see no reason to compress it with AVCHD except that the file size will be smaller. Do a few test renders and see what looks best to you. If file size is a concern then use AVCHD. If not, stay with HDV MPEG-2.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 26, 2009 at 2:46 am in reply to: New to HDV and Blu-Ray

    > 1. After I edit in Vegas8, if I render to MPEG2, that produces a SD DVD, right?

    Yes.

    > 2. If I wanted to produce a Blu-Ray disc in Vegas, I would use the same editing that I used to produce the SD DVD, right? I would simply go to Tools, Burn, Burn Blu-Ray, right?

    Yes, as long as your project settings are HDV.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 25, 2009 at 11:20 pm in reply to: Rendering/Title Menu

    If you used one of the DVD Architect templates this is normal. The template does not include audio. You should render the audio separately as a Digital Dolby AC3 file. Just give the audio file the same name as the video file (except with the AC3 extension) and DVD Architect will import it with the video. This is the best way to render audio for DVD (i.e., separate video and audio streams).

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 25, 2009 at 4:53 pm in reply to: Rendering/Title Menu

    > I’m editing a movie from my Sony MiniDv cam recorder, about 2-3 hours of material. I just finished part one and rendered it to .avi and the size was huge. 3.2GB on a 15 minute long video.

    That’s correct. DV AVI is 13GB per hour.

    > My goal is to fit the finished movie in 2 DVDs. Is it possible to do that and still get good quality?

    Yes, DVD’s use MPEG2 compression not DV compression and you can fit about 90 minutes on a single layer DVD at good quality MPEG2.

    > Moreover, I was thinking of adding a title menu on the beggining of each DVD. A “Play Movie” button to be exact. Is that possible using Sony Vegas?

    Vegas doesn’t make DVD’s itself. You need the companion DVD authoring tool called DVD Architect (or another tool) and yes, DVD Architect can make a “Play Movie” button.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 25, 2009 at 4:47 pm in reply to: Workflow: HDV movie to PS3

    You render the audio with the video. Use the Sony AVC render type with the appropriate HDV template for your footage.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 25, 2009 at 4:43 pm in reply to: News print effect on Sony Vegas?

    I assume you are using it as part of a composite? Try adding the Sony Mask Generator to the clip. This will make the black transparent.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

Page 1768 of 1940

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy