Forum Replies Created

Page 225 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    January 11, 2013 at 2:15 pm in reply to: Scale text along a path

    Could you use the Obsolete > Basic 3D effect?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 11, 2013 at 2:08 pm in reply to: After Effects Layer Rotation = Loss of Quality

    that’s just what happens when you rotate the image. If you download the project from video copilot, you will see that the exact same thing happens-detail is loss in the actor Sam. There really isn’t anything you can do to avoid that loss in this type of project.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 10, 2013 at 6:54 pm in reply to: Looking For Feedback

    I noticed when you transitino between “Individual Interviews” and “Multi Camera Presentations”, 2 of the interview picture-in-pictures with the text but the third one fades out underneath the next shot. That looks like a mistake and should be fixed.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 10, 2013 at 6:28 pm in reply to: Motion tracking and rotation

    I believe then when you choose rotation you get 2 boxes, placing another marker on the paper will make the job a lot easier and give you a much better track.

    Another solution would be to use Mocha, which would does a great job with stuff like what you are describing. Do a google search for mocha and check out the tutorials on there Imagineer website.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • I think you should look into purchasing(Red Giant has trial versions) Trapcode Lux. Then with a little masking/solid layer to obscure the light, you could really create a good look. If Lux is out of the budget you could try trapcode shine or use Optical Flares.

    For the smoke, you could create some type of smoke using fractal noise or maybe you have some smoke footage you want to use. You could then duplicate you light source layer, place it above the smoke and change the smoke layer’s track matte to a luma matte. The smoke will only show in the light source layer. Lastly I would adjust the transfer mode of the smoke to overlay, soft light(play around and pick what looks best)

    And of course–Dave is right, shooting it pratical is always the best choice.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • You can’t add something to your composition and have it not show up in the RGB channel. You could change your comp settings “cntl + k” and change the background color. That won’t show up in the alpha channel.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 10, 2013 at 3:07 pm in reply to: After Effects Layer Rotation = Loss of Quality

    Generally, whenever you rotate an object you are going to lose a little clarity, it’s the nature of video & pixels. If you think you are losing more quality than normal, post a couple captures of the image straight and rotated and we can take a look and see if there is anything we can suggest.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 9, 2013 at 1:03 pm in reply to: I need linear wipe fixed to a 3d enabled text layer

    The quickest way to fix this would be to precompose(shift+cntl+c) your text and apply the effects in the precomp. Enable 3D to the precomps in the main comp. You will be adding a step to your process though.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    January 9, 2013 at 1:11 am in reply to: Text Effect

    In the second video you would take a video layer and use a 3D camera tracker—included in CS6. Here’s a quick overview of the 3d Cam. Tracker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RtwYRFyZW8

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

    Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

    This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

  • John Cuevas

    January 9, 2013 at 12:20 am in reply to: White Board Animation

    Here’s a pretty good thread on about the technique:

    https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1011097#1011842

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 225 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy