Forum Replies Created

Page 112 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    March 26, 2014 at 1:27 pm in reply to: Shape / Mask question

    Glad to help, no reason to be embarrassed, I think I spent 45 minutes one day trying to figure out the exact same thing.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 26, 2014 at 11:38 am in reply to: Shape / Mask question

    To reset it back to the defaults, you just need to double-click the tool in the tools panel.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 25, 2014 at 1:17 pm in reply to: Exporting between AE and Premiere??

    Why export at all? Save your premiere project, import it into AE, adjust it in AE, save AE file. Then import .aep file into premiere, no rendering or exporting needed.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 25, 2014 at 11:48 am in reply to: any way to format text linked to another source?

    I had to look it up, but it’s hold down alt and type in on the number keypad 0186, º

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 25, 2014 at 11:22 am in reply to: Special Effect in After Effects

    Is a camera actually rotating or do you think that it is just a video effect to make him look like he is spinning. If so how can I do that??

    He’s looks to be sitting/standing on a turntable. It’s basically what it sounds like, a device used to spin objects(or in this case), a person around in a circle. At 40 seconds, they add to the look by having him sitting on the turntable and tracking the camera past him—looked cool.

    The flickering lights colors can be accomplished in a few ways, but mostly it’s adding a video/solid layer over your video and playing with transfer modes and opacity. Here’s a tutorial on film damage that uses the same techniques.

    Old Film Look

    Here’s a link to a page that has links to tons of film damage/light leak pages you can overlay on to your videos: 121 Free Film Grain & Light Leaks for
    Film & Video Editors

    And finally if you are just starting in AE, here’s a great starting place: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 25, 2014 at 2:34 am in reply to: AE project length

    try johnfcuevas@gmail.com

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 25, 2014 at 1:03 am in reply to: AE project length

    Bobby, if you can’t figure it out, let me know and maybe I can take a look at the project and re-work it for you.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 25, 2014 at 1:02 am in reply to: How to create a 3D network with nodes?

    Glad I could help

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 24, 2014 at 3:43 pm in reply to: Particular Velocity Question

    Other than Physics Time Factor, the next thing would be to create your particular effect, precomp it, and time remap or the effect Time > timewarp(or something similiar)

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    March 24, 2014 at 3:18 pm in reply to: Particular Velocity Question

    keyframe the Physics > Physics Time Factor.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 112 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy