Forum Replies Created

Page 164 of 255
  • Jeff Pulera

    August 20, 2012 at 9:24 pm in reply to: Sloooow export

    Right-click on the Desktop and hit “Properties” and then look under the Settings tab, should mention your display card, or look in Device Manager

    Jeff

  • Jeff Pulera

    August 20, 2012 at 9:14 pm in reply to: Sloooow export

    Project > Project Settings > General

    Look at “Renderer” and it will say “Software only” or “GPU Accelerated”. Do you have an Nvidia display card, and if so, which model? Some that don’t work automatically can still be coaxed into activity pretty easily.

    Thanks

    Jeff

  • Jeff Pulera

    August 20, 2012 at 9:10 pm in reply to: Sloooow export

    Hi Tim,

    Do you have GPU acceleration enabled on your machine? That is an extremely slow render for what you are doing.

    Jeff

  • Jeff Pulera

    August 20, 2012 at 9:08 pm in reply to: captuuring into premier via hdmi

    Hi Richard,

    It sounds like you’ve already sold yourself on this so why ask for opinions? If you absolutely want to capture via Firewire and are happy with HDV compression, then go for it 😉

    Jeff

  • Jeff Pulera

    August 20, 2012 at 8:44 pm in reply to: Sloooow export

    Hi Tim,

    Tell us about your system hardware – Mac, PC? Specs? Any special filters applied that you don’t normally use? Just read another thread where a DeNoiser effect was the culprit, takes an exceptionally long time to render.

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    August 20, 2012 at 3:34 pm in reply to: Premiere render

    To add to Chris’ comments – what is the purpose of the export? Blu-ray, DVD, YouTube? I would not use “Match Sequence Settings” in most cases. Decide the destination of the export and choose a Format and Preset accordingly, and just check if you need to adjust frame dimensions or frame rate for your footage.

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    August 20, 2012 at 3:20 pm in reply to: captuuring into premier via hdmi

    Hi Richard,

    To be clear, the ADVC-HD50 is always converting to the “HDV” format, which is 25Mbps Long-GOP MPEG-2 at 1440×1080, with 4:2:0 color. Thus the quality of capture is limited to “HDV quality”. If your workflow dictates the need for Firewire capture and/or HDV formatted video, then it may be a viable solution for you.

    Other capture devices such as BMD Intensity Pro or Matrox MXO2 Mini will capture HDMI (and analog) sources to more robust compressed formats, or even uncompressed, at full 1920×1080 HD with 4:2:2 color. Of course, they do not convert to Firewire and may require a PCI-e, Thunderbolt, ExpressCard, or USB 3.0 interface depending on model chosen.

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    August 16, 2012 at 7:40 pm in reply to: Converting VHS tapes through Sony V1U

    Hi Ann,

    Always enjoy reading your posts, as your Adobe knowledge seems limitless.

    Have to ask though, do you have experience with this particular V1U camera working as a converter, or are you working on past experience with Sony DV cameras in general? I did review the manual and could find no mention of recording from analog sources (or converting through camera). I guess I will try my Sony FX-7 HDV tonight at home and see if I can get it to work in that manner, though I believe I had tried that before with no joy.

    Thank you

    Jeff

  • Jeff Pulera

    August 16, 2012 at 3:01 pm in reply to: Converting VHS tapes through Sony V1U

    Hi Lillian,

    From what I can tell, you cannot record into your camera from an analog source. To be clear, the “i.Link cable” refers to the 1394/Firewire cable, not the analog breakout cable. You can only record from other DV devices (another DV camera, computer edit system, etc.) via 1394 cable.

    Older Sony DV cameras such as the VX-2000 I own DO allow recording from analog sources using the built-in RCA jacks, but I believe this feature to be non-existent on most, if not all, newer camcorders.

    I referenced the V1U manual here: https://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/assets/files/micro/hdv/manuals/HVRV1U_OM.pdf

    Beginning on Page 85, it explains the “Dubbing” options and I see nothing about coming in using anything other than i.Link cable, sorry.

    You should able able to use an analog-to-Firewire converter, such as a Grass Valley ADVC-55 to convert your source to a signal the camcorder can accept.

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

  • Jeff Pulera

    August 15, 2012 at 7:58 pm in reply to: Copy and paste shortcut

    Hi Stephen,

    Probably more than one way to do this in Premiere, which is the case with many procedures, but I would select the clip(s), CTRL-C to Copy, position playhead at new position and CTRL-V to Paste them.

    Thanks

    Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers

Page 164 of 255

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy