Jeff Pulera
Forum Replies Created
-
Nathan,
If you want to use Encore, simply use “Import As > Timeline” and multi-select the video and audio clips together. The chapter marks from Premiere WILL automatically appear on the new Encore timeline, and no need to import the markers file at all, that happens behind the scenes.
Can’t help with workflows for other authoring solutions
Thanks
Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers -
Jeff Pulera
January 21, 2014 at 4:25 pm in reply to: Trying to understand what I’m seeing here (rendering)Hi Bill,
To recap and expand on what others have shared:
1) Your export setting of 0.9 is for 4:3 DV, the 1.2 widescreen setting would be correct for 16:9 footage.
2) Recommend editing the HD footage in matching HD Sequence.
3) See under the Program Monitor where it says “50%”? That may be the issue, always keep that set to “Fit”.
4) Sounds like you are exporting to DV avi and then using the avi in Encore? No sense double-rendering. Export from HD sequence to “MPEG-2 DVD” using a widescreen preset. The resulting files are Encore-ready without further video transcoding.
Thanks
Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers -
Hi Nathan,
To my understanding, the MPEG-2 DVD chapter markers are not IN the .mv2 file at all, but rather are in (one of) the two sidecar files that get exported besides the audio and video files. I forget what the extensions are on those two at the moment, but maybe not something that DVD Studio Pro can read?
Thanks
Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers -
Hi Tony,
I don’t think you’ll find a printer specializing in DVD wraps. Just find a local print shop (Kinkos, Office Depot, independent…)to do full color prints from your digital file. Of course two sides need to be trimmed to fit the case. I have one of those paper cutter boards and do it myself. The big thing is to properly set up the graphic so that you do only need to trim two sides and not all four (to save labor). And of course to make sure that the printer is not scaling the image at all. I always bring a DVD case and cutting board along to the printer and get a sample and trim and test fit before having them make the full run.
Thanks
Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers -
Great post, Mark! I would add though that HDMI input is not supported on ANY TriCaster, requires a mini-converter outboard of TriCaster to a compatible format. HDMI is good only for short cable runs and uses a non-locking connection, so it not seen as a practical input type for a professional switcher.
Thanks
Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers -
Jeff Pulera
January 16, 2014 at 6:22 pm in reply to: Applying Neatvideo in Premiere and then sending to keylight in AE?Any of the Denoiser plug-ins for Premiere are extremely render-intensive and I would not expect them to work well with a Dynamic Linking workflow, if at all. I’d definitely apply Neat first, render to a good intermediate such as the DNxHD you mentioned, and take it from there.
Regards,
Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers -
Jeff Pulera
January 16, 2014 at 3:03 pm in reply to: Need to make a mp4 of the hi-def edit. Settings questionGood advice from Chris. However, I would recommend NOT checking the box for “Max Bit Depth” though – that only applies when working with high bit-depth sources like 10-bit video, which I doubt you are using.
Also, my understanding of the “Max Render Quality” button is that it’s purpose is for SCALING of the video, for instance 1080 to 720, or HD to SD. If going from a 1080 source to 1080 output, then I don’t think it’s doing anything, other than increasing render times. Whenever you see checkboxes anywhere in Premiere that are NOT checked by default, that means they are for special situations. If they were always needed/beneficial, they would be on by default 😉
The “Max Bit Depth” I’m very confident about. “Max Render” I’ve seen differing info, but general consensus says not needed if not scaling.
Thanks
Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers -
560/minutes=bitrate
This assumes the default Dolby AC3 settings used in Encore. If AME creates .wav audio, that is fine, Encore will transcode to Dolby automatically.
Do you hear audio IN Encore when putting the DVD together?
Thanks
Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers -
Jeff Pulera
January 15, 2014 at 5:29 pm in reply to: Momentary freeze playing 2 sequential files in timeline? how do I fix itChris, you’re correct, if making Blu-ray then choose the appropriate MPEG-2 or H.264 Blu-ray encoding preset, but Jack didn’t say he was making a Blu-ray so DVD was assumed.
Thanks for the tip on TMPGenc
Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers -
Jeff Pulera
January 15, 2014 at 4:46 pm in reply to: Quick test file for client – best format for export?Just go with H.264 and pick a preset, there are a ton for example different sizes for iPads that will work well (small file and looks good).
Thanks
Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers