[ellie mercer] “but hope this will give you a idea”
Ah, that’s perfect!
1] By using Pan/Crop you essentially have a still that is moving.
2] You have an FX that is not “sticking” to the area of that still that has the highlights.
[I believe I’ve got this correct…] OK, here’s the problem: A still/photo hasn’t a time element. Meaning it doesn’t know it is being moved! And what you have done, without knowing this, is to, logically “move” the fx relating to the still using the p/c control. Yup, messy.
Try this: Render the movement first, then apply the Starbust FX and that SHOULD follow the move/movement of the now “footage” of the cityscape.
Question: Are all the Layers of the Cityscape being controlled by 3D animation on layers under the JPG of the window I’m looking at? If this is so you have a complex fly-by Cityscape that I can’t see at present and my feedback is being hindered by not knowing just what you are doing below on all the Timeline Tracks.
OK, if I am correct, then applying the Starbust FX to a renbdered-out video OR, and this is going dependent on seeing your 3D layout just possibly where you COULD add the FX – more effectively and efficiently than the Pan/Crop.
* Grazie
Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge