Floh Peters
Forum Replies Created
-
[Matt] “Importing into M100i with quick import. Plays well. Looks good. Clips arranged in a and B video tracks. Arrows apply normally from timeline. As soon as I try to apply a transition from the edit suite, M100i crashes. “
Does that only happen with your rendered clips? Or do all transition crash the system. I don
-
I think the early versions of Graffiti could only read either TrueType or PostScript fonts (I cannot remember which one, and I usually mix them up anyway). So you probably should try to convert the font using a software that converts Fonts…
-
[mfgang] “The problem only presents itself on fast lateral moves but apparently it has something to do with the media100 codec being converted to DV during the firewire transfer. “
If that solved your problem you should do one additional test: In the “Project Settings->Codecs”, make sure that the first codec (Acquire, Import and FireWire Output) is set to the system you are using, e.g. DV if you use a DV camera. This setting defines what is sent over Firewire, like DV, DVCPro,…
-
[Ajmetz] “Having said that, I think the team have done really well to update the software, get it running on AJA, get it running on Intel Macs, adding support for popular formats, integrating Boris FX, etc…wil be interesting to see what they’ve got up their sleeves next. =) “
You are right, audio voiceover to the timeline is not a part of the current Media 100 software, but unlike with the P6000 hardware it would be possible with todays Aja hardware.
And I think what the engineers will implement next depends on what users are asking for. I think it is very helpful for the Media 100 team if you (and all users) provide feedback by posting their thoughts here, sending e-mails to Media 100 and by visiting and talking to them on tradeshows like NAB and IBC. Tell hem what you need. -
[Andy Stinton] “I have some unevenly lit green screen that I am dealing with . First any tips on how to get around this issue ( he asks hopefully ) . “
Light it more evenly 😉
Seriously, there is no “easy” way around it. If you get badly lit footage the keying results will suffer. A relatively easy way to prevent that (although it is not really cheap) is to use e.g. the Reflecmedia setup (https://www.reflecmedia.com/). This is an LED ring and a special cloth, which gives you very good results due to the fact that the LED create a very even blue/green background without the need to use additional lighting. The only drawback is that you tend to get a slight “halo” around your foreground object.[Andy Stinton] “All looks fine in the preview window but after rendering it I get flashes of light similar to a series of camera flashes going off .. Any ideas as to why this is happening?”
This shouldn
-
Floh Peters
September 21, 2007 at 9:53 am in reply to: New Mac Pro, can’t view my old Media 100 clipsThe transcoder is outdated for some years. There are software codecs which can be downloaded from the website, but they are PPC only (you would need to run QuickTime player in Rosetta). Or you can buy e.g. Media 100 Producer which contains the Intel-native codecs.
-
Floh Peters
September 20, 2007 at 1:11 pm in reply to: Importing M100 project into FCP/DVD studio ProWhy do you want to move the project to FCP? I would suggest doing your final Editing in Media 100, and then export the result as a Quicktime for DVD authoring. You can transfer the file e.g. via Ethernet, and as long as you do have the Media 100 codecs installed on your FCP system you can use the file there for encoding.
-
[Nickel] “do you know if it is possible to export from FCP as a 4:3 letterboxed file? “
Possible – yes. Easy and with a good quality – no. The FCP scaling is not very good…
-
[Ajmetz] “I believe the modern Media100s have options to automatically letterbox media. So it’ll likely be a lot easier on your notebook, than on the G4. “
Yes, they have that option and it really is a lot easier. Anyway, I would suggest editing the thing anamorphic and doing the Letterbox conversion at the end, either in Producer, in AE, Red or whatever you have available.