David Bogie
Forum Replies Created
-
Do you want to see video or merely extend your desktop? That viewsonic is a computer display, isn’t it? You want a video monitor to view video? You’ll need a card or other breakout device that has composite, component, or hdmi outputs and the appropriately high quality monitor.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
[Darby Edelen] “3D turbulence, depth of field, physics time factor, fairly robust 3D bounce physics, motion paths, auxiliary systems… I could probably come up with a few more as well 😉 “
Umm, okay, I yield. As I said, I’ve never used any of Trapcode’s products and the boss ain’t buyin’ me no new toys in fiscal 2009 except for the updates to all of our CS4 suites which, I see from the various AE forums, is a terrible retrograde when it comes to rendering on the Macintosh compared to CS3.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
Foam can be controlled to conform to a layer’s alpha information. Foam can also be manipulated to create smokish particles. Just takes some experimentation. the alpha for the heart shape should be a grayscale image with no sharp delineation between the black and white portions or particle will jump the fence.
Foam is way cooler than ManUnited.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
[Joakim Ã…berg] “I´ve tried .mov before but when I do slowmos I se that some frames are ruined in the compression. What format should I use if I want all frames to be intact and as good quality as possible?”
Corrupt frames are not caused by the conversion to QT movies, they’re caused by problems with the images themselves. Easily detected by multiple runs, the same bad frames should always be just as bad in all copies. If they’re not, the issue is probably with on of your drives.
You can convert the Targas to jpgs or tiffs in Photoshop.
Hope you get better advice.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
Radio Waves. Fun and cool and easy to grasp. It is a flat system so you will want to either rotate the layer in 3D or use multiple copies with different orientations.
Particle World will use a movie or still image sequence as the emitter source and the emitter can be moved in z space within the layer. But the output from the filter is a 2d layer.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
There are many “particle systems” in AE besides Particle Playground. I do not have Particular, never needed it. I have envied the tutorials for Particular but have always managed to figure out a way to do without it. All depends on the nature of the assignment. One day someone will come in with a concept that simp;ly can’t be done without Particular…I hope.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
Lots of rumors about the new Macs start up every year about this time because Macworld Expo is in San Francisco in January. Apple has not released new models EVERY year MWExpo.
When they do, there is a large bump in the used Macintosh market. Lots of older machines come online and you can usually get terrific bargains since the older machines often include lots of RAM, huge drives, and interesting cards that cannot transfer to the new Macs.
The used Mac market in my area peaks about 6 months after the release of radically new Macs. But it never peaks on incremental releases.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
[Alex Fahl] “A framerate mismatch is unlikely I would say,”
Then it cannot possibly be out of sync, yes? And yet it is. So you say.
When the likely explanations have all been eliminated, the only ones left, regardless of their unlikeliness, are all you have left.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
You’re looking for Motion tutorials that demonstrate audio parameters. I think Mark Spencer has one up on his site:
Gotta warn you, it’s a convoluted and multistep setting, not a pleasantly intuitive process in the slightest unless you are already comfortable with Motion’s non-intuitive ways of doing stuff. You will watch the tutorial more than a few times to figure out what’s going on.
You might want to get Noise Industry’s FxPlug system and the freebies from CoreMelt that include some realy cool VU metering options.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”
-
36 frames out of sync out of a total of how many frames? Is the pitch different? If you cant’ tell, try retiming the audio track to match exactly the video track. We used to do that often with the older Canon DV codecs which FCP did not like at all.
Audio sync is rarely a problem of different sampling frequencies since the length of the clip should be absolute. It’s more likely to be a frame rate mismatch between your source and the export or your export and the timeline.
bogiesan
This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: “For crying out loud, read the freakin’ manual.”