Forum Replies Created

Page 975 of 1081
  • Dan Ebberts

    May 11, 2007 at 3:23 am in reply to: Before I Get Too Deep

    Looking forward to it!

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    May 11, 2007 at 3:23 am in reply to: How to find the biggest distance over life?

    Could be considerable if your comp is long.

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    May 10, 2007 at 4:15 pm in reply to: How to find the biggest distance over life?

    t += thisComp.frameDuration

    gives the same result as:

    t = t + thisComp.frameDuration

    there are also -=, *=, and /= operators

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    May 10, 2007 at 1:53 am in reply to: How to find the biggest distance over life?

    I don’t think there’s any way short of looping through all the frames. I think I’d apply an expression like this to a slider: (didn’t test this – there may be typos)

    C = thisComp.layer(“Camera 1”);
    L = thisComp.layer(“Light 1”);
    maxDist = 0;
    for (t =0; t <= outPoint; t += thisComp.frameDuration){ maxDist = Math.max(maxDist, length (C.position.valueAtTime(t), L.position.valueAtTime(t))); } maxDist Then convert the expression to keyframes so it doesn't have to calculate every frame. Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    May 9, 2007 at 6:16 pm in reply to: Before I Get Too Deep

    Ah, OK – play around with this for the position of the reflected camera:

    c = thisComp.layer(“Camera 1”);
    p = thisComp.layer(“reflecting plane”);
    myPos = p.fromWorld(c.toWorld([0,0,0]));
    p.toWorld([myPos[0],myPos[1],-myPos[2]])

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    May 9, 2007 at 5:58 pm in reply to: Before I Get Too Deep

    OK – I think i get it now. Couldn’t you just convert the camera’s position into the plane’s layer space, put the other camera at the same positon except for z, which would be the opposite value, and then do the same thing for the point of interest?

    Or do I really still not get it? 🙂

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    May 9, 2007 at 5:34 pm in reply to: Before I Get Too Deep

    Sounds interesting, but I’m having trouble picturing what you’re trying to do. What exactly do you mean by “reflect a camera across a 3D plane”?

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    May 7, 2007 at 9:29 pm in reply to: Grab x,y,z and hold

    Try it this way:

    thisComp.layer(“particle follow”).transform.position.valueAtTime(0)[2]

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    May 7, 2007 at 9:28 pm in reply to: Grab x,y,z and hold

    The only thing I can think of would be to do it this way:

    L = thisComp.layer(“Master Layer”);
    L.position.valueAtTime(L.inPoint)

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    May 7, 2007 at 8:49 pm in reply to: Grab x,y,z and hold

    This should do it:

    thisComp.layer(“other layer”).transform.position.valueAtTime(0)

    Dan

Page 975 of 1081

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy