Forum Replies Created

Page 159 of 1081
  • Dan Ebberts

    January 16, 2020 at 1:24 am in reply to: All Layer Style Outer Glow Opacity Expressions Error

    >Do you receive any expression errors when you pickwhip from the Outer Glow opacity control to the Audio Amplitude > Both Channels > Slider?

    No error when I do that.

    >If I provided you with my .aep file, would you try to reproduce it in AE CC 16.1.3?

    Sure.

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    January 16, 2020 at 12:42 am in reply to: All Layer Style Outer Glow Opacity Expressions Error

    I can’t reproduce your problem, but the closest version I have to what you’re using is 16.1.3. Expressions on the Outer Glow Opacity property work fine for me.

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    January 15, 2020 at 9:36 pm in reply to: Text writes on after it changes via markers on the comp

    Try this for your range selector Start parameter:


    spd = 10; // characters per second
    n = 0;
    if (thisComp.marker.numKeys > 0){
    n = thisComp.marker.nearestKey(time).index;
    if (thisComp.marker.key(n).time > time) n--;
    }
    if (n > 0){
    t = time - thisComp.marker.key(n).time;
    dur = text.sourceText.length/spd;
    linear(t,0,dur,0,100);
    }else
    0

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    January 15, 2020 at 8:56 pm in reply to: All Layer Style Outer Glow Opacity Expressions Error

    Two questions– where did you apply the expression, and what’s the error message?

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    January 14, 2020 at 5:53 pm in reply to: Problem with making script for lyrics video

    Something like this probably:


    n = 0;
    if (numKeys > 0){
    n = nearestKey(time).index;
    if (time < key(n).time) n--;
    }
    540 + n*150

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    January 14, 2020 at 12:25 am in reply to: Syncing text to audio

    Henri,

    I got your emails, but my replies get returned immediately with a permanent error rejection message. I’m not sure why, but I’ll post here instead.

    What you’re describing is a lot trickier, because the expression has to be able to figure out how many characters were used in all the words triggered by previous markers. Not impossible, but considerably more complicated. I don’t have the time to do it right now, but maybe someone can crank it out for you.

    Dan

  • Based on your description, I think it would be roughly like this:


    aud = thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Both Channels")("Slider");
    period = .09;
    curF = timeToFrames(time);
    f = 0;
    accum = 0;
    curT = 0;
    while (f <= curF){
    curT = framesToTime(f);
    p1 = aud.valueAtTime(curT);
    p2 = aud.valueAtTime(curT - period);
    if (p1 > p2)
    accum++
    else if (p1 < p2)
    accum--;
    accum = Math.max(accum,0);
    f++;
    }
    accum

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    January 13, 2020 at 7:09 pm in reply to: Control opacity with two layers

    Assuming the expression is not throwing an error, what is the exact behavior you’re looking for?

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    January 13, 2020 at 6:56 pm in reply to: Copy parent’s animation with a random delay

    Just add this as the first line in your expression:

    seedRandom(index,true);

    Dan

  • Dan Ebberts

    January 13, 2020 at 5:23 pm in reply to: Control opacity with two layers

    I haven’t tested this, but give it a try:

    var menu = comp(“MOGRT”).layer(“MOGRT Controls”).effect(“Position”)(“Menu”).value;
    var opa = comp(“MOGRT”).layer(“MOGRT Controls”).effect(“StrokeAnimation”)(“Checkbox”).value;

    (menu == 1 || opa) ? 100 : 0

    Dan

Page 159 of 1081

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy